250 or 200 in a 65 Falcon!

bubba22349

Top Poster
VIP
Supporter 2021
Supporter 2019
Departed Member
Have a 1965 Falcon Futura that is complete less the running gear. Plan for it is to build as a nice driver for my wife. Original equipment was a 200 C4 combo so thinking of either a 200 or 250 never had a 170 before but would consider them too. Don’t really care if its uses all stock factory parts just need to get it going soon. Like the idea of using the later 70’s and up engine parts for a little more performance. For now want to keep it as an auto trans so have a good C4 from a 302 that could change the bell on if needed. Do have the V8 Falcon front suspension and a Mustang 8 inch rear that could swap into it. Like to do the AOD swap in it later on. I am in So Cal area so was wondering if anyone has a spare complete engine or short block, some parts or leads on them. Thank you for any help.

Thanks I have been looking some so far have not seen anything on a small six.

If you want to swap in an AOD eventually I think you'll pretty much have to go with a 250. I don't think there's an off-the-shelf way to bolt an AOD to a 200 or a 170.

Thank you much! I was not able to fine a 200 250 6's so was offered some 300 BB6 so last week traded off the 65 Falcon. Will now be rebuilding my 63 Fairlane with a 240 or 300 combo for a Drag racing only car. So looking for hard core 300 parts now!

Back