High torque mini starter

Hello all, I'm new to this forum. Does ayone know if there is a high torque mini starter available for a '67 200 ci with a manual trans and a 9" clutch?

An FE starter is a direct replacement for my 3-bolt starter on my 200-C4 combo. Cross referenced at Autozone by matching part numbers on my buddy's Highboy.

The question is will it work with a manual tranny. I have a 68 block with a T-5 will an FE mini starter work?

Thanks for any input, I would feel great buying one if someone has already performed this mod and can tell me for sure that it works.

Bob

Does anyone know if the FE mini starter will fit a 1981 200 I6 block (E1BE-6015-FA)? It only has two mounting bolts. Is my block a big block 200?

Thanks,
Rick

Big Bell 200's are 83's iirc and the casting code ends with BB also they are low mount starters that sit level with the oil pan.

rwbrooks50":17c9p7f5 said:
Xargon321":17c9p7f5 said:
Big Bell 200's are 83's iirc and the casting code ends with BB also they are low mount starters that sit level with the oil pan.

Thanks for the clarification. I ordered this starter: http://www.apsracingusa.com/content-pro ... _blue.html

I'll let you know how it works.

Rick

Starter delivered today. My mecanic said it would not fit. He called the supplier they said is would not fit. Who knows.
What others do never works for me. Any other ideals let me know.
I need it for header clearence.
Rick

i always thought that the fe starters only fit the early 200 with the 8.5" flywheel and three mounting holes.
mike carried a starter for the 9" flywheel for a while, but it seems that he doesn't have it anymore.

I have a robbmc 3 bolt starter that was on my c4 bell. I just wrote them to see if they sell a 2 bolt snout so I could swap. If not, I might make my buddy fab one up. Would prefer not to spend another 250 for a new starter.

Invectivus":25ruz39m said:
I have a robbmc 3 bolt starter that was on my c4 bell. I just wrote them to see if they sell a 2 bolt snout so I could swap. If not, I might make my buddy fab one up. Would prefer not to spend another 250 for a new starter.

If the three bolts fit, why not just grind down the third bolt tab.

Rick

that's basically what the guys think at robbmc, but I think (and will verify) that the placement of the 2 holes are off, and there's some question of flywheel fitment. When I work out and reposition the dowel pins, I'll mount the bell plate and flywheel and do the measurements for them.

Back