Well I for one could not be happier.

Anlushac11

1K+
VIP
Was just on Turboford and reading a forum post about a company called Quicktime making steel SFI 6.1 bellhousings. Upon looking at Quicktime's catalog listing you can imagine my shock on seeing a 200 cid listing.

I called and spoke to Ross and this is indeed for a 200 inline six.

The bellhousing will be steel and SFI 6.1 rated, it is designed for a cable operated clutch, and will use stock inline six clutch fork (You will have to modify the end where cable attaches, not too difficult).

Appears they will have two different variants. I don't know if this will be early and late bellhousing bolt patterns or if its for high mount and low mount starter versions.

Looks like Bruce at Modern Driveline will be selling them. Cost is to be about $500.00

It will be about same cost for me to go to hydraulic clutch or to SFI bell, but at least with the SFI bell I can use a BBK clutch cable and aluminum clutch quadrant in my 85 Mustang.

This is great, i've been thinking of how this shouldn't be that hard lately.

(y) :wow: :party:

but i do have a question, will this alow bigger flywheels? i've alway's wondered if there would be any advantage to a bigger FlyWheel, Clutch Plate, and Pressure Plate.

Im pretty sure the belhousing was going to be for a T-5 with factory style cable operated clutch. The guy I talked to said there were two bells for the Ford 200 inline six. I was assuming either early and late bell or high or low mount starter.

IIRC its possible to have dual bolt pattern on bell for T-5 or Tremec.

I'd have a cow if one bell was for a T56. I cant afford a T56 right now, but just to know I could bolt one up if I wanted to? Oh yeah.

My friend picked up a used Chevy one at a swap meet for $900.00. Its now on his 427 in his Camaro.

a T56 would be awesome especially for road courses(not sure bout auto-x though) but the trade off would be the extra weight

http://www.phlegm.us/tech/drivetrain/history.html

After the SROD, Ford also had a T-4. The T-4 shares a lot in common with the T-5, but does not have an overdrive. In 1981, Ford produced a bellhousing that would bolt up to the 200 that was a cable bell, and provided the proper offset and mounting pattern for the T-4. Because the T-4 case shared mounting points with the T-5, a T-5 will bolt up to this bell. Notice that the casting between the SROD and T-4 bell are the same, but the transmission mounting holes were drilled in different places. Also, the center hole of the T-4 bell was opened to 4.91" vs. the 4.85" of the SROD bell.

it seems that a T4 tranny would be a good possibility for autox racing since it probably weighs less and we wont be going into over drive on an autox course

Back