EBAY radiators

tikitime

ive seen alot of radiators on ebay 130.00 to your door anyone had any expearance with these ??? alot say there american made there a tempting deal.. should it be a 1 row or 2 row ??ive got a auto transmission air conditioner even though i need a new pump ill need it later

I paid 600 dollars for a griffin 2 row and I just looked up some on ebay and their was a 3 row for 169.00 and free shipping and if I had it to do all over again I would try one, I would get the best radiator I can buy, your thermostat will take care of the rest and you will have peace of mind.

I picked up a 3 core brass radiator for the falcon at advance auto parts for around $170.00

I don't think much of the 3-core aluminum ones, because they tend to be 3 'thin' (.5" to 1") cores instead of 2 thick (1" to 1.5") ones. The advantage of aluminum is that it's stiffer so you can have a thicker core for more surface area and better airflow across the core(s). Using 3 cores means more restriction and turbulence for the airflow, which leads to diminishing returns.

I'd say that for a stock or stockish 200, a single core aluminum would cool just fine. I've got a 2-core aluminum in mine, and it works great - but if I had to do it over again I'd go single core because of the lack of space.

I have an aluminum 2 row 1" tubes and it works great cooling the 250. IIRC it was about $220 shipped on ebay.

The $130-160 are tempting, but I am a firm believer in " you get what you pay for"

jamyers is right, those 3 row rads are .5" tubes, made in china, and not worth your time, but will work. But the trans coolers built into them are a joke, DO NOT soley rely on them for your trans fluid cooling.

I bought one of the 130 dollar aluminum radiators off of Ebay for my '62. I was very impressed as far as the part quality/price. The stock 2 row Falcon radiator has 30 tubes per row or 60 tubes total for a 2 row. The aluminum radiator had three rows with 58 tubes each and a tighter fin pack between the rows. WAY more cooling area but the kicker was it wouldn't fit in my six cylinder car without serious core support modification... I was bummed to say the least.

The welds were beautiful, they and the tanks were even polished! And the material was beyond my expectations. I was expecting a light cheesy radiator. What I got, aside from 1/2 inch tubes vs 1 inch, was comparable to the BeCool I bought for my Bronco.

I ended up getting a H.E. copper/brass that was three times as much but had a tube count of 50 per row with 5/16" spacing. At least it fits...

I bought a 3-row from RadiatorDealz for $145 about 7 months ago to replace my original 2-row. It's a Chinese unit :unsure: , I'd rather it be American, but it has served well so far. The fit was tight with only minor finessing required. See the link below for my write up and photos.

http://fordsix.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=60817

I can't honestly steer you away from one of these as I have no real complaints. Cost aside, I would have preferred an American unit, but the bank account wouldn't allow anything more than what I got.

SoCar, I was looking at your install and you must have a different water pump. The aluminum radiator wouldn't even clear the button on the water pump flange on my car. There would have been no room to re-install the bolts and forget about getting the fan in there!!

I have a little more than an inch and a three quarters from the core support flange to the water pump button. With the two row in my car I have about a half inch clearance for the fan...

Do you think you could post a photo of your water pump pulley? I'd love to see the differences.

The Summit brand radiators are American made (Northern) about $250, and pretty nice.

My son bought one of the Champion rads from ebay for his Falcon, so far it does the job well.

R62HOPE :
Do you think you could post a photo of your water pump pulley? I'd love to see the differences.

Based on other feedbacks that I have gotten, it appears to be that I have the short water pump, which may have been to reason for my ease of install. There are no spacers nor shims in the pump / pulley / fan assembly; both bolt directly onto the water pump. The pulley cups around the pump enough to almost hit the radiator hose connection.

I don't have any other parts to compare my pulley and pump to, but next time I'm under the hood, I snap a photo.

Back