500 cfm carb

For you stock head? Yes

FOr your AL X/F you are working on, no.

My Oz-250 head uses every bit of the 390CFM carb. I could rejet it a little richer, but not by much.

well i guess ill just have to try and see what happens, i got it for free because the baseplate was cracked, but it was never ran

The 1bbl will run out of gas probably around 4000rpm.
The 2bbl will should be able to take it way past that. But do you need it, and is the rest of the car and valve train up to the job without breaking?
The 1bbl will probably give much better daily driver-ability and economy, of course.

I ran a 350CFM 2300 (7448) 2bbl on a mild 170 and it gave good performance at the price of excessive fuel use (eye watering at idle and low speed :unsure: ) . The low engine speed performance lacking probbaly due to loss of inatake vac. with the synchronous 2bbl. A popular optiion is the 5200 series H/W progressive 2bbl giving improved low speed performance and a kick in the pants secondary response as throttle demands.

THe same 350 CFM on the wild 250 engine ran out of air. I got a 500 CFM version (4412), but the 250 Holley 1904 3X1 setup is working - for now.

Have Fun

Back