Short Manifold Pipe

Explorer

Hey guy's, building an engine test stand to check out a 250 I bought. I'd like to have a short hookup for the stock 2" manifold to run down and turn so I can stick a cheap muffler on. Any suggestions where I might find one?

How about the flex tubing made for exhaust at NAPA or truck sup. or else a muffler shop could bend you one to fit your spec's :unsure:

I can use flex or whatever, just need the hookup to stock manifold part, and I can go from there.

Is it a flat gasket or a donut? the flat type should be aval. at a good parts store like NAPA or a muffler shop will have those flanges :nod: As to the donut type you would need to find at a junkyard or have it made new at muffler shop. Might have some in my junk pile though am awawy from home for next week

It's the donut syle. I'll check the muffler shop first of the week, but doubtful. Don't want to buy the whole first section of pipe just for this. Put a want ad in the classifieds.

Might have lucked out. Found a guy swapping his 200 for a V8 so he's trying to salvage a set of engine frame mounts for a Bronco for me so asked him to save his old exhaust pipe. Good news is, I have my stand complete enough that I did a compression check this morning and all cyl right at 130psi +or- 5psi.

Great news you will be all set to run it (y) Looks like you have picked up a decent engine too! :nod:

Plans were for a 250ci in my sig line project and couldn't find one. Now I have the engine and can't find another Bronco to put it in yet. Oh well, one will turn up. If all else fails, I can alway's put it in the son's Mustang.

Plans were for a 250ci in my sig line project and couldn't find one. Now I have the engine and can't find another Bronco to put it in yet. Oh well, one will turn up. If all else fails, I can alway's put it in the son's Mustang.
I hear yeah have always though would be nice to have an early Bronco (y) hard to find them in my area unless it's all fixed up than it's high dollar. I also like the old Willy's pickups too.

If you're going to test run a motor in a stand, make sure it's well-braced. A "blip" of the throttle can have some pretty dramatic consequences.

Fired her up this morning, carrying 55 psi cold oil pressure. Don't have a radiator to hookup yet so didn't run very long, but quick start, smooth idle. Still on the hunt for another Bronco. If I don't find one before long there will be an engine for sale.

Back