Steath DS1 - mount module in pass compartment?

aribert

I like to keep my car stock looking and have collected parts to do the DS swap this winter. I want to mount the module in the passenger compartment - either under dash or under the drivers seat - depending on if I can find enough space under the dash. Would there be any functional issues (voltage drop?) by extending the wires between the module and the coil & distributor? I figure that the module would be happier in the cooler passenger compartment.

If connections are optimum and the wires overspec - why wouldn't it be fine?

The fun would start with a switchable second coil and module, wired to ground out via the passenger's seat frame... :eek:

addo":2zpw32r5 said:
The fun would start with a switchable second coil and module, wired to ground out via the passenger's seat frame... :eek:
if you only knew... but i won't hijack, see my hei thread in the electrical section

i see no reason not to, just make sure your connections are all good and it should be fine

OEM Ford module or GM HEI trigger should not affect the operation aside from needing an adequate heat sink . Mounting on a steel body surface should provide needed heat dissipation .

61 has DS1 with GM HEI trigger monted on CPU heat sink:

Back