Project 'Lil Chero

Hello all,

I am back. Still going on the 1960 Ranchero on a 1991 Ranger chassis. I test fitted the body on the chassis last weekend. The fit is better that I expected. Just have a little nip - tuck work to do to get the body a little lower on the chassis.
http://s1045.photobucket.com/albums/b460/TXCurbster/

I plan on using the 200 six with a c4, not the c3 / a4ld.

Has anyone ever put a 200 six in a Ranger before? Looks like it will not be easy. I have a 289 as a plan B.

Rich

Nice cat! :LOL:

That's a good chunk of work you're doing there. The bare firewall pictures are actually quite instructional for major repair/restoration projects.

Normal restorations were getting a bit boring. So I had a "what the hell" moment. A frind in the car lub I am in said it had been done before and gave me the basic info. A short bed reg cab Ranger or a Bronco II chassis will match very nice. wheel flang to flange and wheel base are darn near spot on. The section of the Ranchero behind the cab is a hollow area covered by a panel and 20 odd screws (I had to use a grinder to remove the screw heads). I had to cut just outside and along the frame rail and part of the rear cab wall to allow the body to set a little lower. I took pics of this and will post them soon. I will also take pics of the other cars in my neglected car refuge shop.

Back