What should I run a Tri-Power, Supercharger or Turbo?

What should I run a Tri-Power, Supercharger or Turbo?

• Tri-Power

Votes: 8 30.8%
  • Supercharged

Votes: 9 34.6%
  • Turbo

Votes: 9 34.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
You trying to eat these v8's at the car show or at the track? :mrgreen:

Id lean the other direction toward turbo and fuel injection.

Good luck

For "show" nothing beats Tri-power. Take it to the local cruise nights and just wait for all the comments. I've had people stop and talk for awhile looking at mine then just take a short glance at the big block Chevy next to me and walk on.
For "go" either one of the others. I like supercharged.

Gene

For street light to street light and tirer smoken the blower will come on alot quicker than the turbo and sound way cooler, if you want folks to check it out just do an efi blown 200 with aluminum head, you'll wish they quit talking and asking questions and you'll have something the other guys talk about having.

I guess you need to remember to keep a low CR with forced air, like 8.3 or 8.4, but I'm sure others can help you with numbers.

hey, either way, I think they all come down to what you want... but the forced is winning in polls atm 6-7-7

looks like i am leaning towards the tri-power setup. the more research i do the more i am liking the wow factor in the tri setup. I have acquired three autolite 1100's and a '69 head (which i already had).

You might get up to 175-185 hp with the tri power, if you do a bunch of work on the head and run a huge cam. With a turbo, you're looking at 200+ easily. But the wow factor of the triple carbs can't be underestimated, and if you've already invested in the carbs...go for it. You can always build a plenum box later ;)

wallaka":35h746l0 said:
You might get up to 175-185 hp with the tri power, if you do a bunch of work on the head and run a huge cam. With a turbo, you're looking at 200+ easily. But the wow factor of the triple carbs can't be underestimated, and if you've already invested in the carbs...go for it. You can always build a plenum box later ;)

The carbs were not that much. got them on craigslist for $45 total (all three). I even thought about running a tri-power blow through

MPGmustang":b1igrsxm said:
I have even thought of a tri setup with a super, but they would be ITB on the offenhouser manifold. Looks Like FUN! (y)

If i run a tri-power setup i am going to build my own manifold like Patrick66 did. No Offy for me. i wondering what a tri power blow through would produce in the HP.

Back