PoorMans Dual Exhaust

jlopes

I just received my Classic inline headers and was about to put in my order for a Spintech muffler when it occurred to me that I could get a muffler with a single in and dual out configuration. This would give the appearance of a dual exhaust while keeping 6 cyl flow into a single muffler instead of 3 cyl in a true dual exhaust configuration which should give a good sound.

Has anyone tried this :unsure::
thoughts :unsure::

I have a single in, dual out using the Flowmaster 50 also. Setup Camaro style. It's mounted sideways right behind the rear end. It's a tight fit, but works and sounds great. I can probably post some pics.

.......Cheers, Alex

Howdy All:

And a single in dual out saves the weight and cost of a second muffler. All good.

Adios, David

:) You could always use the DynoMax dual in and out Xpipe muffler.They have several different pipe sizes to choose from.
Leo

i have a dual outlet hooker header to 3 in Y to 40sz flowmaster with dual 2.25 outlets. Sounds great to me. Drone isnt bad on the highway either but i have a T5 so the gearing helps. Its loud (louder than my brother 77 vette with side pipes) but not obnoxious.

Back