New air cleaner base for the 1100's

AzCoupe

1K+
Departed Member
Don't know if you guys noticed yet, but we now have a billet air cleaner base for the Autolite 1100 carbs. This new base plate lets you use any 2V/4V air cleaner, or carb hat, with a 5 1/8" neck. The price is only $30 bucks. http://classicinlines.com/proddetail.as ... D200%2DABP

Here's a few photo's using our alloy carb hat, and our 8x11 oval air cleaner. Over all height from the base of the carb, to the top of the carb hat is 6 1/2 inches, or 7 inches with the oval air cleaner.

1100ACadaptorA.jpg

1100ACadaptorB.jpg

1100ACadaptor.jpg

1100ACadaptorE.jpg

1100ACadaptorDmod.jpg

Mike:

What is the diameter of the baseplate opening?
I am wondering if it will also fit the Carter YF and Holley 1904 types as well.

I know they make a plastic one that's 2 5/8", but I think that's as small as they come.

Mike if the base is billet , i'm asuming it has to be machined, how dificult would it be to have some machined with the different carb size openings to allow the hat & air cleaner to used on a larger range of carbs?

:beer: Nice looking goods.Will it work with the YF?The reason that I am asking,is that the choke housing on the 1100 seems to sit lower on the 1100.
Thanks.
Leo

top of choke housing is roughly 3/4" higher than top of carb opening so adaptor definatley needed.
this might pose problems with hood clearance especially on Moosestangs.
stock air cleaner base has an indentation to accomodate that housing.

I'll have to dig up a YF carb and see if we can make one for it.

This plate is a drop base, so to speak, as the air cleaner sits a 1/2 inch lower than the air horn. By removing most of the material on the underside, so it would clear the choke linkage, we also made it a lot lighter.
1100ACadaptorbaseBwM.jpg

Oh man, now you tell us after I made an adapter to fit mine this past spring. It looks super nice though.

yodabiri":20usevev said:
Any progress in regard to making the carter RBS or YF adapter plates?
Not yet, my machinist was on vacation for two weeks. Now, I've got him busy making up parts I was running low on. Maybe in a couple weeks?

how about a base plate for triple weber 34's that would then make it look like the cobra air cleaner.

Back