motorcycle fuel injection

8) to my knowledge no. it would take a lot of work to get it installed and running.

A four cylinders unit would present challenges. I have often wondered about some of the big outboard v-6.
It would seem that the system would be simpler than a car.

A while back, a guy shipped me an intake manifold for a cheby 292 that he was having trouble getting boost-tight; it's a DIY aluminum intake. Along with the intake, he sent the TBI's for it that were off of a Honda 1000 RR, IIRC. The intake is set up for two pair of ITB's and boost was in its future. AFAIU, he was going to use Megasquirt and two-stage fuel injection. On the 1000 RR, there is one set of injectors in the airbox that spray on the airhorn and another set in the ITB itself. His intention was to use this two-stage injection system to curb the charge robbing of the Cheby head by using the airbox injectors during primary use and let the secondary injectors in the ITBs kick in at high boost/HP levels.

I'm with Thad though, I think 6 ITB's would be far easier to tune without leaning out a cylinder or two with a home-brew manifold.

For the money you could buy two 4-banger setups and use all of one and half of the other. I also wonder whether just three of the throttle-bodies would be enough to feed a little six ; a bit like a triple-SU setup I suppose.

8) another option to consider is pulling the efi system from a mid 90s ford taurus with the 3.0 V6. the displacement is similar, and you only need to fabricate a mount for the throttle body, as injector bungs are available in the aftermarket i believe accel sells them still.

Back