harmonic balancer

havoline

keep looking online for a new one for my car since it fell apart last month, keep looking around and always finding a double groove. My car had a single. Is this going to be bad?

but still, just for stock slightly modified, will going to a double groove harmonic balancer be ok? I can get one,single groove, with sacramento mustang who I bought all the suspension parts and aluminum radiator from which are great still.

I had my single belt pulley rebuilt by "Damper Dude" or something like that. Have you searched for rebuilders on the 'net?

Mine came with the double belt for AC.
I have removed the AC but it came in handy when I installed a 3G alternator.
I read you're supposed to use a double pulley on those if you don't have a serpentine.

the only reason you wouldn't be able to run a double is if the fan is close enough to have concerns with it hitting the balancer. otherwise it really can't hurt anything, and may be helpful as it was for jackfish.

question what is the size of the bolt that holds the harmonic dampener to the engine? My brother is bringing tools and want to make sure he brings them instead of going back and forth.

Am going to rent a dampener remover/installer. Any other tools recommended and/or required. Thank you for any tips.

Got the dampener from sacramento mustang.

Back