250 motor mounts

fairlanedave

I'm swapping a 250ci into my 65 fairlane and I have a couple questions regarding motor mounts. I plan on using these ( http://classicinlines.com/proddetail.as ... DMT%2D2333 ) for the the motor, but I need to buy the brackets that bolt to the frame. I've heard them refered to as frame yokes, but I'm having trouble getting my hands on them. Anybody know where I can purchase these new, or is this strictly a junkyard find?

8) try dearborn classics, they carry parts for fairlanes, falcons, and other classic fords. you can also try autokrafters and see if they have them as well.

Thanks for the advice! Those are both really cool sites I had not yet found. Unfortunately, neither has the frame brackets. I'm starting to wonder if that part is even reproduced... I may have to end up finding a way to use the old ones.

What Engine was in it ?, No one is going to make the Metal parts as they are considered a non wearing part and obsolete , AND 99 % of the Hobby dosen't care about 6 cylinders

, No
fairlanedave":3breeep8 said:
Thanks for the advice! Those are both really cool sites I had not yet found. Unfortunately, neither has the frame brackets. I'm starting to wonder if that part is even reproduced... I may have to end up finding a way to use the old ones.

It had a 200 in it. From what I've read, my stock brackets could be used with some modification. Unfortunately, that would make the engine sit higher, which I'd like to avoid. Stubby, if you have some you'd be willing to part with I would be very interested in purchasing them. Salvage yards in my area don't seeem to have anything with 250's in them. Even if they did, I doubt I would have much luck trying to purchase just the part holding the engine in the vehicle!

There was a pair of fairly rare early 250 mounts on Ebay. I bought them. From what I understand, the rubber parts weren't made anymore. IIRC, they are 1969. Do some searches for info. We need to make sure they are what you need before we pay shipping.

Thanks, Gary Stubbs

fairlanedave,

Remember that the 250 wasn't available until 69, so you'll have to look for a vehicle made after that.

I wonder if the mounts from a Granada with a 250 would work for you with some modification? The 250 mounts from a Maverick will work in the early Mustangs if new holes are drilled in the frame to accept them.

Just a thought.

rocklord- I bought some motor mounts for a '74 maverick, and those didn't fit. I guess i need to go earlier. the mounts in the link I posted say they fit 70-72 so i'll try those. as far as the frame brackets, everything I've read lines up with what you're saying about using some out of a maverick and drilling new holes, I just can't find any :(

stubby - I'll order the motor mounts and see if those will bolt to my block. if that works I think that will give me a better starting point to see if the brackets you have would work for my application.

thanks for all the advice/support guys :D

One of our members told me these mounts were what I need to bolt a 250 into an early Falcon. I was hoping he would chime in.
I'm still undecided on 200 or 250 in the Falcon.

:beer: Hi Stubby.If the physical size of both blocks is the same,personally,I would go with the 250.Can`t go wrong with an extra 50 cubes.
Good luck.Have fun.
Leo

Back