piston ring question?

ArtemisI6

Never installed piston rings before besides motorcycle engines. I bought a set of Sealed Power moly rings for my 200 build from Classic Inlines. I'm reusing my stock pistons and rods. The stock pistons have the inside beveled (torsional) ring in the top groove. The instructions say if you have a bright-face ring, to put it in the top groove, but it seems to me I should be replacing everything with their counterparts, i.e. the inside beveled rings in the kit go in the same groove (top) as the one that came out. The second ring in the stock setup is a grooved ring, which is not in the kit. How should I do this?

Abridged version: Do I put the bright-face ring in the top groove and the inside-beveled ring in the middle groove, despite the stock setup having the inside-beveled ring in the top groove? Also, is there any common knowledge tips I should know when I install these?

Dumb questions, probably. Thanks for the help regardless.

Sealed power rings used to have a dot on one side, close to the gap. The dot goes up.

The ring with the brighter face, should be the top ring.

some brands have a dot on the top of the ring, others have the word "top". the last set of rings i installed had a paper included that gave instructions for where/how every possible type of rings should sit, but of course i don't have that paper in front of me

Back