Cause I'm just curious

Positively Ralf

As I build on, I can't help but ask questions just to keep me educated on stuff I don't know :)

if one were to do the modifications to make the large log run like a stock aussie head(based off of the numbers in the tech article "Flow Testing the Log Heads"), how would the engine run if the person were to use the biggest 1bbl carb(IIRC, it's the RBS) on the head instead of a 2bbl? Would it run like a dog or would it be a pretty good street/strip car?

I used the carb off a 300 on my 200 and it wasnt as good as my current 32/36 weber. I could me wrong I am sure someone smarter than me will chime in but these are my findings. Good luck.

8) the biggest deficiency of the log head is the intake being cast integral with the head, and that is where the advantage of the 250 2v head lies. part of the issue is raw airflow, and part of the issue is air/fuel distribution. rather than add a single two barrel carb, better to add two or three one barrel carbs, or two small staged two barrel carbs like the weber 32/36 carb. either will give you more airflow and better air/fuel distribution, both of which translates into better efficiency, and thus better performance. in the end however, the log head is only going to just so good compared to the 250 2v/argentine/classic inlines aluminum head.

I am no expert but was under the impression that those flow numbers in that tech article are partly from increasing the size of the hole in the log allowing greater airflow. I don't know how much larger the hole ends up being than stock but it looks like a lot. Of course the higher cfm 2v carb matches the hole size.

Back