kick down bar

granadastraightsix

my 79 has the bar on the kick down and i im getting the weber hooked up finally, what will happen if we couldnt make the carb work with the kickdown what will the difference be without???

8) with the three speed automatic ford transmissions you will have to down shift manually when you need to, such as when passing another car, or climbing a hill. otherwise the transmission will act normally.

but say on the street when i stop will it go back to first or will i have to manual shift that as well, im not super informed on tranny's. the way it sounds is if i put the hammer down it wont kick back down to second for extra support it will stay in third gear right?? if so will that be a problem cause of the proggressive weber being put in hense the more throttle the more air and gas flow?? is there a rigging i can use on the throttle cable to make it work?? sorrey for all the Q's

When stopping it will go back into first gear and it will auto upshift. But your right when you punch it cruising in 3rd it won’t downshift into second unless you manual shift it. If you can find or make a bell crank assembly you could hook it up with your stock rod linkage or with the right cable parts.

Back