dual carb flat top log

bmbm40

1K+
VIP
Supporter 2021
Supporter 2022
Supporter 2023
Has anyone machined a log head for two carbs, single or two barrel? I thought this had been done but could not find it using search. Found two side draft carbs but not what I wanted to see.
Thanks

I believe Mustang Geezer had one at one time. He used to have a web site that showed it - but I don't believe it s active anymore. There have been a few others posted here, but I don't have links. I'd love to see other examples.

Thanks mustang 6, thought I had seen something like this. Not planning to do this myself but if a multi carb setup was desired this would be less money than the Offy option it seems. Spread the carbs further apart to balance the flow to 1-3 and 4-6 makes sense to me. Two vaporizers for a 200 or on a well built 250 use two .98 2100's or two Holley-Weber 5200's. The linkage might be a lot of work.

I think there would be a benefit to adding a divider into the original intake opening to separate it into two "halves". This would effectively create two manifolds; one manifold for each set of three cyls. Two small propgressive two barrels would be awesome.

I have a tri-power 250 with 1904's but run a 5200 (32/36sic) progressive on the 63 170. Two small progressive 2Bbl's may be a simple route to reasonable performance and drivability on a built 250. The synchronous linkage would sure be simpler than the mechanical Offy tri-power setup...

HAve Fun

Soldmy66":2k28injx said:
I think there would be a benefit to adding a divider into the original intake opening to separate it into two "halves". This would effectively create two manifolds; one manifold for each set of three cyls. Two small propgressive two barrels would be awesome.

The divider wouldn't even have to have a complete seal between the two halves of the log; this incomplete seal would help in balancing the now separated cylinder banks out.

You should hear my Corvair idle when the balance tube is disconnected from between the two separate intakes, pretty rough. Same principle.

I am presently in process of mountg 2 autolite 1.14 2100's on a flat top log head. Used Nirod to weld on both sides of flat areas,ground flat, and drilled w/1.5" holesaws. Centered the baseplates at each 3cyl division. This leaves original carb mtg. flange to install a divider of your choosing which I intend to experiment with. I used home-made mtg plates of1/2" aluminum. Still must work out alignment and linkage. This will be used on a 250 w280' cam,2800 converter,3.40 gear,short tires,lightweight Merk Bobcat. I don't get much time to work
on this projectyso time willl show result. Hope to keep you posted. ,

Gary

on this project, so time willl tell. Hope to keep you posted.

That sounds great. I hope you finish soon and post pictures along with driving impressions. Might start a trend.

78merKri6":96lcc08i said:
I am presently in process of mountg 2 autolite 1.14 2100's on a flat top log head. Used Nirod to weld on both sides of flat areas,ground flat, and drilled w/1.5" holesaws. Centered the baseplates at each 3cyl division. This leaves original carb mtg. flange to install a divider of your choosing which I intend to experiment with. I used home-made mtg plates of1/2" aluminum. Still must work out alignment and linkage. This will be used on a 250 w280' cam,2800 converter,3.40 gear,short tires,lightweight Merk Bobcat. I don't get much time to work
on this projectyso time willl show result. Hope to keep you posted. ,

Gary

on this project, so time willl tell. Hope to keep you posted.

Not Near enough Converter , Best of luck

Back