Hey Crosley

at this point , not sure I will make it. Must be bad food from friday evening, not feeling well since 4am this morning.

I ate a small sandwich at 12;30... that did go well after about an hour

Thanks to Roy,Richard & Gene for making it out.had a good time.I apologize to those waiting for the live feed that didn't happen.

82F100":4ffgpl5j said:
Thanks to Roy,Richard & Gene for making it out.had a good time.I apologize to those waiting for the live feed that didn't happen.
Hopefully Roy got some video with his camera that he can post... ;)

it was fun, I've learned alot, more of where to go and how to race... no pro here...

I took it easy this time as I need everything to work for th next 1400mile road trip I'm going on... but that doesn't mean I scared myself in thinking I borke the car :banghead:

the first pass my throttle linkage came undone, so I got a 33 sec pass @ 30mph lol (but reaction time was .0020 :D )
the second pass I got a seccessful run, 17.9460 sec @ 73+mph although my reaction time was .89sec's... and I didn't "floor" it as I didn't want my throttle linkage to come undone again
my thirdpass... well that's the one that scared me... I was up against gene this time. I took off I thought better but just out of the hole I heard this big BANG! and the car lunged forward then the engine lost power and I swear I heard something dragging on the ground as I coasted to a stop... I was thikning it's the drivshaft but looked good. so it must be the rear end... well I found out I can drive it and the clutch didn't die, so I took 82f100 for a road test and we heard nothing it seemed fine... I'm hoping it was a jsut wheel hop or spring wrap... but it doesn't explain the dragging sound when I coasted to a stop... I'm affraid only time will tell.

It seems like everyone else had a good time, there was a dodge slant six there running 14's.

Anyway's fun time, good experience, I'll head back out to the track after my road trip this summer and see If I can't finish brakeing what ever it was...

BTW I did make it all the way home 52+miles and no road problems or straing dragging noises. so I hope it's ready for this week's road trip.

I had a lot of fun with the guys at Speedworld Saturday. I was going to add a lot of spice to the video but it was taking to long. So here are a couple shots…
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7brK1LCdS30

This was my first attempt at using my camera for video. Turned out not so bad.. Next time I will have me video camera…..
devil-smiley-019.gif

MPG I believe your linkage connecting the accelerator arm to the crab linkage is to long. I will be having the same problem when I get that far as well. If I have to I will have the machine shop make me one with some type of adjustment…

carblinkage.jpg

This is the link I’m talking about..

This was my shirt pocket tool kit:
3: is a Penlight.
shirtpockettools.jpg

I have added 2 new tools to my shirt pocket tool kit and they are #2: pen-magnet and 4: small screwdriver magnet.
# 1 is a must tool for the discrete tool box…. :mrgreen:

echo1955":2tdrojkv said:
This was my shirt pocket tool kit:
3: is a Penlight.
shirtpockettools.jpg

I have added 2 new tools to my shirt pocket tool kit and they are #2: pen-magnet and 4: small screwdriver magnet.
# 1 is a must tool for the discrete tool box…. :mrgreen:
LOL...wish I had these Saturday night!!!

That's a damn fine looking Maverick!! 14's too! Way to go. I couldn't see if you got the win light in the first vid. You sure smoked him off the line!

pikesan":2mrudatl said:
That's a damn fine looking Maverick!! 14's too! Way to go. I couldn't see if you got the win light in the first vid. You sure smoked him off the line!
Thanks!! But just to set the record straight the Dart was running 14.70's and I was running 15.30's...I was able to get him off the line but he caught me on the big end every time. Had a great time. :D

82F100":1lkg0gj6 said:
Crosley, I see you updated your personal best...15.70 last nite?? (y)

yep... last nite on the first run I was not prepared for the pro-tree lite with you as starter.

The 15.702 was on the last run. Funny because the car had 7 month old gasoline in it and .... as I neared the 1,000 - 1100 foot mark, the engine was crapping out from the gas tank near empty. LOL

time for more changes.

:nod:

Sorry about the pro light, wasn't my fault the tower forgot to switch back over to a full tree.Crosley are you and Bert coming out fot the Southwest nostalgia drags July 16th? I'm going to try and have a another get together in the fall on one of the club days or a saturday night been trying to round up some more cars.

82F100":3gp6w8mv said:
Crosley are you and Bert coming out fot the Southwest nostalgia drags July 16th? I'm going to try and have a another get together in the fall on one of the club days or a saturday night been trying to round up some more cars.

I am not sure what Bert will do. Usually on the Nostalgia event I spectate now. The last couple have not been run smooth by management - promoter

I am pulling the C4 out of my car for converter stall change (more stall)

Rich .... Bert is talking about bring the Henry j car out on july 16. He has new carb - intake.

I am trying to get a new converter built for my Falcon and run it on or before the july 16 event. I am gonna pull some gear change back to 4.11 and re-jet the car too.

Back