Can any six header fit all six engines?

Positively Ralf

So I found this while roaming craigslist ---> http://newjersey.craigslist.org/pts/2423051310.html

I'm considering picking it up but it says that it is for a 250 engine. Does this matter at all with out engines? Can a 250 header fit onto a 200 six or earlier sixes? Also, has anyone heard of that band of header before?

And if I do pick it up, will I have any problems installing it with a auto on the tree car?

i have a cyclone header, it is a 1 peice, i think someone cut that one, they are very loud, i think they were big in the 70's from what i was told, that is a great buy, i think they are kinda rare, get em

The primary pipe looks to be 1 1/2" in diameter, which is perfect for a 200"

The primary tube length actually looks too short, a longer primary tube in the area of 30-33" would be perfect for the 200" engine.

Long tube headers will help low & midrange torque. Short tube primaries might show slightly more top end, but torque is what gets the vehicle moving in 85% of full throttle performance. Bill

rbohm":26j2wdn6 said:
8) the header might be a bit long for a 200, but should otherwise fit.
It will definately bolt up but you could have ground clearance issues since a 250 is a taller motor than the 200. ;)

says that it is for a 250 engine. Does this matter at all
144 - 200, vs 250, 240/300

High mount vs low mount starters, clearence can B an issue. U may B payin shippin both ways -:devilish:

Positively Ralf":1ijdt1ii said:
So I found this while roaming craigslist ---> http://newjersey.craigslist.org/pts/2423051310.html

I'm considering picking it up but it says that it is for a 250 engine. Does this matter at all with out engines? Can a 250 header fit onto a 200 six or earlier sixes? Also, has anyone heard of that band of header before?

And if I do pick it up, will I have any problems installing it with a auto on the tree car?

I'm not familiar with Cyclone Headers. Header fitment is a real problem with early cars but Maverick's have the most clearance.

> The 144->200 engines are all dimensionally identical ( except for low starter 200's).

> The 250 has same Head/Exh dimensions but block is taller and 250 has larger V8 style bellhouse/low mount starter.

> Headers that fit the 144->200 will not typically fit the 250 as the starter and bell interfere due to block height.

> 250 Headers probably would fit 144->200 high mount starter sixes but I haven't tried it. Taller block' 250 application headers used on 144 -> 200 will hang lower under car and may interfere with steering and suspension.

> The column shifter probably isn't an issue as it's on the driver side and headers on the passenger.

> For $50 I would definitely give them a try!...

Here's a set of Hooker duals' on a 250 with a set of 200' headers below, note different bends on tubes.

These are a set of unknown headers (from CL) that look similar to the "Cyclone's"

More Header pics:

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v296/ ... ?start=all

Have Fub

No one has bought these yet?
I wonder if they would work for my 250 powered 66 bronco. I am out of town so can't look under my hood. For you guys familiar with six cylinder Bronco's what do you think? Any and all comments/opinions much appreciated.

someone buy them already, i paid 300 bux for my cyclone headers used, they fit my 64 ranchero with a 200 they have been on my car for about a year and work great, get them, thats an amazing deal!!! :nod: :nod: :nod:

I would think they should and for that low a price it would be worth a try. If not you can sell them again to someone with a 250 Maverick still lots of them out there. Over the years have used many sets of Cyclone headers they are decent quality

bmbm40":1a7pl11r said:
No one has bought these yet?
I wonder if they would work for my 250 powered 66 bronco. I am out of town so can't look under my hood. For you guys familiar with six cylinder Bronco's what do you think? Any and all comments/opinions much appreciated.

If it's for a 250 it should fit, no? - SBF bell & the low starter would seem to B all the same. Frames? how different can they B (alot I guess)? Frnt drive shaft/chunk not an issue. And the ground clearance should not be as big a deal as for the cars? Unless you're a "aggressive wheeler". There's "mini" starters, too ('80s, '90s 'stang). I don't know, just guesses - it would.

Back