New Engine Build

Yes, that works for me. Its a great start to a happy new year for me, its 1155 am on 1-1-13 in this part of the southern hemisphere, and that video is quite the new years present.

Well done, Doug!

xctasy":1wtkdtke said:
Yes, that works for me. Its a great start to a happy new year for me, its 1155 am on 1-1-13 in this part of the southern hemisphere, and that video is quite the new years present.

Well done, Doug!

Thanks Deano and Happy New Year!! :D :D

'Ole Doug-E dosen't mess around :p . So,what parts of the Car are you going to get re-painted again? ~OO6.

STEVEN.":1jxq0psm said:
'Ole Doug-E dosen't mess around :p . So,what parts of the Car are you going to get re-painted again? ~OO6.

8) 8) :D

So far I fixed and painted the hood, left fender and the radiator support. I have some spot repair to do on the rt & lt "A" pillars and the rt lower door then it looks 100% again!

Later,

Doug

xctasy":3iewyr0y said:

Well done, Doug!
summer's probably a nice new years present too...

Invectivus":s2byabkd said:
xctasy":s2byabkd said:

Well done, Doug!
summer's probably a nice new years present too...

Yes, just like his paintwork and attention to mechanical detail, Mustang Geezer has become a most excellent photo journalizer too. This US website is a gift that keeps on giving.

As for me, I'll take the Southern Hemisphere's "Four Seasons In One Day"

the summer rain,
hail,
snow
and shine,
and enjoy it.

I can't wait to start skiing again.

Mustang_Geezer":64g4o64x said:
Been trying my new HD camera. Not sure how this video is gonna come out....

Even though it sounds like open headers its running a dual out header, x pipe and dual Flowmaster 40's that exit by the rearend. I'll get some better exhaust music if this one comes out allright ;)

Doug

This would sell a lot of parts if this was on the CI main page!! Very nice! Just don't tell me how much it cost, hours of labor and tunning :shock:

Thanks!! Lot of money lot of time!! :LOL: :LOL:

I'll make another video this weekend of the exhaust when I get a moment.

Can hardly wait till the race track opens up and I can mount it in my car!

Later,

Doug

"...this weekend of the exhaust..."
"...and I can mount it..."

I see from the pic above the intake is different than mine :shock:
If you have a pic of the exhaust manifold I'd love to see that (as U say) B 4 "I mount it". I don't think I could see how that's constructed, due to the intake, after it's 'mounted' being in the way...
Thanks,
good luck when season opens again.

chad":tdtc4x8w said:

I see from the pic above the intake is different than mine :shock:
If you have a pic of the exhaust manifold I'd love to see that (as U say) B 4 "I mount it". I don't think I could see how that's constructed, due to the intake, after it's 'mounted' being in the way...
Thanks,
good luck when season opens again.

My BAD!!! :oops: :oops:

Sorry....I was talking about getting some better video of how the exhaust sounds and I was talking about how I could hardly wait untill spring when i could mount the camera in the car and make a couple of in car videos of it at the race track.

I guess what was going through my mind failed to get typed out by my fingers... :LOL:

Mustang_Geezer":sod70lmv said:
chad":sod70lmv said:
I guess what was going through my mind failed to get typed out by my fingers... :LOL:

It's OK, I do it all the time. My fingers can't keep up w/the speed of my mind so there's a slip 'tween the tung and pen" as the sayin goes.
Anyway, how is the exhaust mani composed when using that sort of intake. Is it 'tubes". Does any 1 have a pic of it (either attached 2 da head /or/ just hangin out separately)?
Thanks....

Been working on some other go fast projects in the past few weeks. 1st I swapped my 3:80 gears out for some 4:11's

http://www.facebook.com/doug.leach.311? ... =1&theater

Hopefully the links work!!

After looking at some pics of my goofy looking plate I had rigged up years ago to seal the carb to the scoop I fabbed up an entire new unit and was able to go from a 1.75" tall air filter to a 2.75" tall air filter by dropping the motor 3/8" and offsetting the filter itself.

Had the front end off right after Christmas so I could repair and paint the front of the radiator support.

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid= ... =3&theater

Now back to more body work on the windshield posts then I have a 5" alternator pulley to install!

Later,

Doug

Doug, looks fantastic.
The gear change will give you more downstairs & you will be closer to your power peak in the eyes.
13's should be a shoe in.
Car looks so great also show it. Workmanship is top notch professional show quality. Bill

wsa111":2e9s1cso said:
Doug, looks fantastic.
The gear change will give you more downstairs & you will be closer to your power peak in the eyes.
13's should be a shoe in.
Car looks so great also show it. Workmanship is top notch professional show quality. Bill

Something about those blue 60's stangs. Bill, both you and Geezer in particular, and others here in general, are guilty of "professional show quality".

It's so good, it's subversive. With i6's, missing a couple o' slugs above the sump just means the other parts of the ole Ford axe get sharpened a lot more... :beer:

Thanks!!

Nothing to do but work on my car untill spring and warm weather.... ;) :mrgreen:

Hoping the gears and the tires will pick up a couple of tenths. I only went too 1 show last year and was mistakenly entered in the street driven class instead of the 65-66 Mustang class so i didnt win nuthin. Too much competition!!

The other stuff wont hurt either!

Later,

Doug

What Radiator are you running? Have you noticed any cooling issues? Do you think there is any value to going with an Alum radiator with the mods you have done?

I make oil":kjtmmsh5 said:
What Radiator are you running? Have you noticed any cooling issues? Do you think there is any value to going with an Alum radiator with the mods you have done?

Its a Ford generic replacement radiator from Allstar Performance. It made a HUGE differance in cooling. Before I could not run my electric water pump on the street in the heat of the summer without the temps spiking to 215-218 degrees If I started to beat on it.

Its a really well built radiator not like some of the cheap POS imitations I see on ebay.

Since I installed the radiator late last summer I can now run my electric waterpump drive all the time and it sets on 185 degrees no matter how I drive it! Bottom hose is a universal flex hose and the top hose is a GM application IIRC. I work in a auto parts store so I just started grabbing hoses off the wall untill I found what fit.

Later,

Doug

I have missed a lot since I stopped coming here regularly. Post a week or two in advance of going to 131. I might drag my oldest (5 yrs old in april) down and see you run. It's a drive from TC, but it's not too bad.

It is looking great, here's to 13's in '13.

Funky Cricket":26jvrc48 said:
I have missed a lot since I stopped coming here regularly. Post a week or two in advance of going to 131. I might drag my oldest (5 yrs old in april) down and see you run. It's a drive from TC, but it's not too bad.

It is looking great, here's to 13's in '13.

We'll be racing @ 131 Friday night 5/10 for the Thunder Nationals test & tune and Saturday 5/11 in the Thunder Nationals. If you get a chance stop by! We usually pit down by the ET boards up against the fence.

Later,

Doug

Back