New Engine Build

Trying to get several projects finished up because the track opens around the 5th of April weather permitting...

Electric water pump is working again and I got my new Moroso 5" diameter alternator pulley on.

Right now I'm installing all new Lexan windows in the doors, qtr glass and rear window. The weight savings is unbeleivable! The old school glass is thick and heavier than heck! I weighed all the glass and saved 17.5 lbs on the rear glass 5 lbs each side on the qtr glass and 15 lbs per side on the door glass. I removed some other bits and peices and am real close to my goal of having the car weigh 2600 lbs with me in it.

Later,

Doug

Just started reading this and I love it ! Looking forward to 5/10 and hearing about the 13's. I live by Lansing so I might try to get there and watch. I've got a 200 Maverick with a Holley 5200 and looking for a used header, just trying to make it alittle more fun to drive. Rick

So,your Car's been loosing weight,what about YOU :shock: :p :!: :mrgreen: ???? Stay away from those fatty Foods Dougie :LOL: ! ~OO6.

5/10 is the day after my youngest's birthday. I might be eating cake with the grandparents that weekend. I'll see how things go though, keep us updated on when you are going to US131 and I'll try to make it out once this summer.

Havent done a lot on it lately. I overpowered the Goodyear eagle drag radials so I bought some new M/T drag radials for it then decided I wanted to put it back on the street, so I put the full interior back in it (except the back seat) and put probably 3,000 miles on it this past summer.

Its running 14.15-14.20's so I'm still happy. Been toying with the idea of switching from the 4:11 gears to 4:30 gears. Havent decided about that one yet though.

I just uploaded another video to my youtbe site that was taken this past summer,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=p ... 6nJ1eQxcjI

Hopefully that link works!

Later,

Doug

Back