Vintage 3 Carb setup for Ford 200 engine

andrewdrexler

There is a local auto swap meet coming up near where I live next weekend. I am looking for a triple carb setup for my Ford 200 Inline Six engine. I know that Offenhauser makes one that I can purchase new from Summit Racing or Jegs (among other places).

What I am NOT sure of however is the name of other companies that may have made a similar part in the past. Since I will be looking through multiple parts bins, I am hoping to get a few hints on what I need to be looking for before I show up and miss something rare and wonderful.

Only having to look for one companies product helps narrow the search lol.

Thanks for the info, will post results on Sunday if I find anything intresting.

Edelbrock had a triple 1bbl setup also, besides the two styles from Offenhauser. Does anyone know if Man-A-Fre had a setup for the Falcon 6?

Other 3 carb "Tri-Power" setup was from Edelbrock (sic) as mentioned. Offy kept up with changes to the small six head and can fit better breathing later heads. The Edelbrock tri-power and aluminum valve cover are true vintage speed equipment, but 3X1 only fits early head and are VC's fairly rare and expensive. THe legendary Holman-Moody team had the "Power-Pack" Falcon but I don't think marketed it .

HAve Fun

Thanks for the pics and history. Will let you know what I find. Once my Mustang gets home I will be posting alot more questions and a build thread.

Well the swap meet was a bust. Lots of v8 junk, but nothing for inline’s. One guy said he sold all three (3!!) from his shop to a rat rodder last week.

Thanks for the Ebay link RW, I am debating on putting in a bid (and you have a PM).

rwbrooks50":3d5c1e0o said:
Here's the Eld valve cover. Check the bid:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/_W0QQcmd ... MEWAXQ3aIT

I do have the early Offy 3-1 manifold. I will sell it with new carbs. PM or email me if interested.
Thanks,
Rick

Wow, well over $200

Speed equipement is rare stuff for our sixes. eBay and craigslist is a better option from the comfort of your own home than scouring swap meets. I'm not saying don't go to swap meets; I love swap meets! To search all of craigslist use this search term in Google:

offy site:craigslist.org/pts/

change the word "offy" for whatever part you are looking for. This searches all of craigslist autoparts section. I've found valuable parts for my boat in NY and GA using a similar search.

:) IIRC Fenton used to make a 3x1 for the Ford six.HOWEVER,that might be a bit pricey,but really neat piece of plunder for you.
Good luck.Have fun.Be safe.
Leo

jahearne":1zusac3f said:
rwbrooks50":1zusac3f said:

Wow, well over $200
Speed equipement is rare stuff for our sixes. eBay and craigslist is a better option from the comfort of your own home than scouring swap meets. I'm not saying don't go to swap meets; I love swap meets! To search all of craigslist use this search term in Google:
offy site:craigslist.org/pts/
change the word "offy" for whatever part you are looking for. This searches all of craigslist autoparts section. I've found valuable parts for my boat in NY and GA using a similar search.

Yeah, the person who has the high bid is holding on for dear life lol. Not that I blame them since it is a nice peice. I guess the Crome one I have will do for now ;)

Thanks for the info on searching CL, my search-fu must be weak since that had never occured to me. I usually just go through the cities I am close too one at a time. Tedious, but sometimes effective.

woodbutcher":zlcgua6f said:
:) IIRC Fenton used to make a 3x1 for the Ford six.HOWEVER,that might be a bit pricey,but really neat piece of plunder for you.
Leo

Fenton is true vintage equipment - never seen Fenton eqip. for Falcon / small six.

HAve Fun \\

:arg: Sorry.I thought that I had seen some Fenton stuff for the small 6.Ahhhhhhhhhh well.Thats what I get for thinking too much.
Leo

Here are pictures: http://s529.photobucket.com/albums/dd33 ... ?start=all

The parts are new, complete and never installed. The boxes have been opened. The OFFY #5205 intake listed for $330 at Summit and the Weber 34-ICH carbs are $160 online. The total would be $807 before sales tax and shipping. I will sell the package for $625.00 shipped to 48 States.

Let me know if you are interested.

Thanks,

Rick Brooks
214-673-8086

Back