Autolite 1.02 info

MPGmustang

1K+
VIP
I'm looking to get a autolite 1.02 245cfm carb,

What I would like to know is if there are any out there that have an AC idle kick-up, or if anyone knows how to adapt one to one?
Along with that, I would like an electric choke.

anyIdea's of where to look? or what to look for?

Howdy MPG:

I can't answer your questions exactly, but I can tell you that the 1.02 Autolite 2100 carbs were used on 260 and 289 engines in the 1962 & '63 model years. I doubt that any would have an AC idle kick-up or electic chokes. The electric choke on 2100s came along in the late 60s and into the 70s. Electric chokes from later 2100s and 2150s can be adapted for use on early 2100s. IF I were going to try to retro fit an early 1.02 with an AC idle kick up, I'd be looking for an early 70's 2100 or 2150 to pirate parts from to adapt. That same donor carb might also have an electric choke.

Keep us posted on your progress.

Adios, David

speaking of which, I think I have a 1.02 in my garage. it's that, or a 1.08 can't remember. I have three 2100s just sitting there after I rebuilt them all.

Richard, I'll see if I can get one already set up with an electric choke. If not, I have three or four used carbs (manual chokes) that are in good condition, if you want to try one of them? I also see if I can get a used or rebuilt 108, as I think it might work nicely, based on your recent dyno runs. I'll let you know.....

the 287 CFM might be the better option. how easy would it be to fInd one with an electric choke and possibly adapt an idle accuator?

Richard, why don't you go with a 4412-500 holley & go with the same mods i suggested to Gene Fiore.

In fact Gene saw crosly-Tony at the track last weekend & gave him all the fine details on the metering block mods to make the holley work. I believe Gene will get his fine tuned & hope to better his times from las spring which were done in 15 degree cooler weather.

Just remember he runs a 255 inch engine, so the main jetting & the idle jet for you will be smaller.

My engine is very close to yours & i have my holley running great. Of course i have the advantage of owning an innovate wideband A/F tester.

Give it some consideration, Bill

I'll have a new transmission shipped real soon, so I'll be back in the fray once again real soon; hopefully, with some dyno time.
I have a couple newer carbs with the parts you need and I can't see no reason why they can't be adapted to an earlier model.

Thanks guys!!

well I have made a decision

I just want one that works and something I don't have to modify to get it to work as it should... so one that is ready to bolt on, with electric choke and an idle actuator... what model and year would have these options?

I dont have enough time and winter is here and with no choke I'm down to 14mpg (could also be the huge jets in the 350cfm carb) and it stalls on me everywhere... I'm getting little frustrated with it... I'm actually thinking of a second car and making this a weekend car. but I still don't own a carb for my car so I think I should get one that works for my...

To get an electric choke on a 1.02 you would need to swap out a few parts (adapt) the choke unit from a later mid 70's up Mortorcraft 2V or 4V carb they would also have the AC idle actuator. Most of it is very simple with a direct interchange of the external parts. (y)

Back