Oil Pressure Gauge - where can I get one?!

Route--66--

Hi
I have a 1965 Mustang 200ci straight 6.
It has the standard (stock) oil pressure light only.
Where can I get an electric oil pressure gauge that will either fit straight on to existing connections or that would come with a replacement or in-line sender unit. I would like to retain the standard oil light functionality too.

Or if someone can tell me the thread size of the sender I guess that would be good enough as I could then just get a gauge to fit that size..

I am in the UK but ship all parts from USA anyway, so buying from USA is no problem.
Many thanks!!
Darren

all of them that i know of use 1/4" NPT, and a standard install procedure is to put a "T" fitting between the engine and the idiot sender, with the sender for the gage on the other side of the T. should be able to pick one up at any parts store. you then have to choose if you want an electric gage or a mechanical, as both are readily available. my experience with sunpro gages shows horrible accuracy on their electric models, which isn't an issue on their mechanical gages, but with a mechanical you have to be careful about where you route the hose, or you'll get a leak like i did once (too close to the exhaust manifold)

Rt 66:
don't forget the "NPT" (not 'fine' or any other).
U wanna get the right thread pitch so U don't strip out the threads.

Oo thanks loads for that, Just looked up NPT .. says it's an American standard .. no doubt looking at a US supplier rather than UK then !
Cheers Loads for that !

Since you are ordering anyway, the aftermarket mechanical gauges usually come with a plastic line to gauge. Save yourself some problems and order the copper line kit they sell seperately. Won't melt and won't damage as easily.

where in Britain IS Heath Hayes?
Thanks,

chad":3uga80xr said:
where in Britain IS Heath Hayes?
Thanks,
Just noticed that sos.. heath hayes is pretty much about central.. about 120 miles NNE of London and about 20 Miles North of Birmingham (y)
Love doing USA roadtrips ... although closest I've got to you is New York - but will be doing all of those northern states in next couple of years hopefully (y)

Oh, OK...got U a lil more zeroed in, thanx

Back