200 power steering pump bracket

papawfalcon

my so put a 200 in a 89 Ranger and we dont have a power steering pump bracket. Does anybody have a pic of one. We may have one running around the garage but have found it yet.

Thanks
Ken

I have a 200 82 Mustang and a Ranger based Explorer.

Power steering bracket is two piece, steel braket linking to any number of two types of alloy bracket to suit the two types of power steering pump the 3.3's ran. In my car, it is linked in to an AC/Air Pump/PS 1982 Fox 3.3 engine combo, but any std 3.3 Fox body stuff will be the same.

The alloy adaptor suits in this case the plastic body power steering pump, and only part number is stamped NMB2.

The steel adaptor is however D8 BG - 3CS11A. It is served by one Mitsuboshi 90870-1071 Power steering belt.

Some pictures below

The stock brackets are scarce. Took me six months watching E-bay to find mine. The BC Bronco's bracket is problematic as mentioned. AZ: Glad to hear you're working on one. There is a need for a good source.

I can't match BCBroncos excellent prices, but I can help you out if you want to run stock configuartion A/C, air pump, power steering and viscous fan.

Since all my engines are EGR and Air pump emissions equiped , all my brackets are to suit Air pumped emissions era engines. All my kits are based around three types...1982 US 200, 1980 US 250 or 1971 to 1992 Aussie 250. All A/C, power steering, viscous fan, 31 lb/hr air pump.

Since I import goods to the US, I have to play by the IM test and EPA rules, where all stock emission equipment and Fed emission standards have to be met. Explorer, Ranger, Bronco guys can use just about any thing since most trucks either qualify for off road use, or at least won't have half the scrutiny a 250 engined Fox body Mustang will. The 20 inches of reduced height a passenger car has tends to make law makers scrutinise the area under the hood more...dunno why!

Aussie 250 brackets are a close fit to the US 200, with the later 1985 on low mount right hand side A/C pump system for extractors, the US ones just run stock parts.

Long term, I think fitting the US 4.9 EFI serpentine drive would be an ideal 200/250 retro fit going forward, but meantime, go with what you can get.

Mike,
Chuck is great @ BCB. The 6 cyl bracket is a solution. Flat stock is cheeper. Here's my solution (if the pic posts) on my 170 (oem) equiped bronk.
/Users/charlesfuller/Desktop/%20PSpump.JPG

Love 2 C that serpintine on the small I6!

AzCoupe":2btrr0kn said:
If you can't find a used one, try BC Broncos. Make sure you order all three parts.

Bracket ($40): http://www.bcbroncos.com/store/product_ ... cts_id=655
Engine Mount ($40): http://www.bcbroncos.com/store/product_ ... cts_id=332
Adjuster ($10): http://www.bcbroncos.com/store/product_ ... ts_id=1649

We're working on a similar bracket to allow the use of a DUI distributor (the one BC sells is too big and hits the dizzy cap).

I run the BC Bronco's engine mount and made my own bracket by modifying a junkyard bracket to fit my needs. I also used a junkyard adjuster. I measured what I needed and found something that would work. I ran a late model (Large) cap when I had it on my old 170 and the clearance was almost nothing at the cap. I modified the BC Bronco'd bracket to improve clearance but now on the new 200 I switched over to the early small distributor cap. I'll see if I can get some photos up of what I have.

This photo shows the part of the Fairmont bracket setup.
Notice that it's bolted on with timing cover bolts, and you must have the correct year timing cover to use it.

Attachments

• PWRSteering.jpg
    PWRSteering.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 25
...Fairmont bracket...correct yr timing cover...
What yr fairmont (200 motor I assume?) and what timing cover?
I'd like to add "on board air" to the bronk and am running outta room/places for another shiv.
Thanks

JackFish":123y0qfi said:
In this case, 1978, and up.

Oh, OK, thank you sir!
I see the yr/model in your sig.
So both (bracket, timing cover) are the '78 and from a 200 motor.
Would you happen to know if it's just '78 or if through out the 'run' to (would it be?) '83?
Thanks again, JF.

I believe that this style stayed the same until the end of production.
There is also a post thing that bolts to the engine block. I'll be out there today and get a couple of more pics.

JackFish":269fdyvn said:
I believe that this style stayed the same until the end of production.
There is also a post thing that bolts to the engine block. I'll be out there today and get a couple of more pics.

through out the 'run' to (would it be?) '83?
'78 - '83?

JackFish":1f9e2zc0 said:
I'm not sure that the run extended to '83, just to '82 AFAIK.

OK, thanks, JackFish, ('82) know when it started? Tryin 2 C on availability.

Mike,
Will that bracket you are making work with the Saginaw pump? I have the integral power steering box from ABS which works great but uses that pump and I had to cobble together a franken-bracket. something prettier would be welcome...

Back