dumb question?

67chrrybucket

I just bought the carb spacer needed for the 2v carb swap there is a whole in the side all the way through to where the fuel goes what is it for and is it still a good idea to run the plastic spacer for heat and what not.
:banghead:

I cant say that I have seen plastic carb spacers with a hole into plenum area. My guess this is intended for a port or fitting to be attached.

The plastic used for spacers is usually made of a material which does not suffer rapid degradation when exposed to heat and is resistant to gasoline.

im sorry the spacer/adapter i bought is metal with a hole in it i wondered if its a good idea to use a plastic spacer with this adapter?

67chrrybucket":2yk5edc9 said:
I took a pic but i cant seem to load it into this thread?
there;'s an explanation somewhere on how @ the index or form rules.
There R no dumb questions...

Here it is:
viewtopic.php?f=47&t=48863

Note: you cannot post directly from your computer. You need a photo hosting program like Photobucket or Snapfish or Flikr.

Post your images there first with the sizes shown on the info chad just put up. Then go to the 'share' section. There should be some sort of drop down menu. From that, choose the code that has IMG at both ends. Click and copy it. Then paste it to the message box. Check 'preview' to see if it comes up. If it is too large, resize. Otherwise, click 'submit'.

67chrrybucket":1yzqm5qf said:
I just bought the carb spacer needed for the 2v carb swap there is a whole in the side all the way through to where the fuel goes what is it for and is it still a good idea to run the plastic spacer for heat and what not.
:banghead:

Sounds like a port for manifold vacuum to me.

-Dave

X2 on what Dave sez.

If he can do the pic I say he passes the shade tree mechanic test into 'semipro'. :eek:
Let's wait n C...

You're almost there with posting the pic.

Click on the pic and when it shows you the full sized one, edit it down to 600 x 450 or slightly smaller. Then click on the 'IMG code" line. This copies it so you can drop it into the message box here.

As for the hole in the spacer, I don't know. The other guys will.

That hole there is a vacuum port for ANY accessory you may want. I have one unnecessarily in my Clifford spacer I bought last week. I plugged it with a 5/16 bolt.

I can C it alill. If there wuz a top/bottom view I could C if there's a channel. W/a channel I would assume H2O choke, or may B other choke related design???
Still like Dave's idea...

Back