144 hydro motor

Hello,
Ive been lurking around this site for a couple of years while building a 144 for a hydroplane and wanted to say thanks to every one for all the info here. I couldnt have done it without this site and the handbook!
I posted a video on youtube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ThCyWKjW-6E

you may notice the transmission I am not building the boat to race ,just for fun and want to be able to dock easily

Dave

:beer: Very NICE.Keep up the good work.
Jackfish.There are definitely speed limits on the water.Excede them at your pocketbooks peril.
Good luck.Have fun.Be safe.
Leo

woodbutcher":249xtoa8 said:
Jackfish.There are definitely speed limits on the water.Excede them at your pocketbooks peril.
Ya you're right, I've seen those boats go air-born on TV!

thAT'S COOL, PERIOD. . .

'always read a lot of the Falcon Six performance interest and equipment originated with the Hydro racer class. I've seen B&W magazine copies of period engines but it's great to see one in action..

> Offy > Mallory > Hilborn > Paxton > ...

:eek: Hi Jackfish.Don`t mean "airborn".I mean the marine patrol,and monetary fines and court appearance.
Leo

woodbutcher":3h3vjxay said:
:eek: Hi Jackfish.Don`t mean "airborn".I mean the marine patrol,and monetary fines and court appearance.
Leo
heheh not on my lake.

:beer: Hi Jackfish.THAT sounds like my kinda lake.Unlimited throttle settings.Is your lake named"Autobahn Lake"?
Leo

Thanks Guys

Here in massachusetts I think anything over 45 is considered speeding

The police boat made a beeline for me last year when I was out in my 8foot outboard hydro.

Turned out the officers brother in law builds wood boats and he just wanted to check out my boat! :)

Back