Alum Radiator for 65 mustang

65-coupe

I plan on getting the alum head and intake later this year. So I need a new radiator because mine is starting to leak. Should I get a 2,3 or 4 row alum radiator. I plan on adding A/C also. I live in Florida and the factory style I have now held up really good last summer. But I am sure an alum would be alot better.

Thanks Brian

when looking for an alum rad, go with 1inch tubes, usually a 2 row alum will have one 1inch and one 1/2 inch tube, you'll want two 1 inch tubes and it will be equivilant to a 4-5core copper rad, it will be thicker, almost ~2.5+ inches thick just at the core.

thing to note, when going with alum head, get the billet t-stat housing, iron and alum expand at diffrent rates creating minor leaks, from what I ahve seen billet is the middle ground between the two and works well with the alum head and iron head.

when going to AC, make sure you plan ahead if you want headers, the AC will move the alt up and be placed where the alt currently sits, plan ahead by moving the alt mounting holes out on the new bracket before you start the project, I tried the 3/4 inch, it rubbed with headers, so I went to 1.5inch out and it sits close but no rub.

http://classicinlines.com/HeadersAC.asp

but I know u want AC and alum, IDK if you were thinking headers... anyways good luck and let us know what you find, you can link or post pics when u get them.

Richard

Back