Msd ignition timing?

30over200

So pulled the ole 1940 off and put a yf on the 200 tonight and though id go ahead and put the msd box that I picked up at a swap meet on. Its an old 5200 points box. Well what im wondering is should I reset my timing? Im not familiar with running one. And I guess next upgrade may be a blaster coil. What yall think? By the way si far the slight skip that used to be at idle is gone but I will.give that credit to the carter. (y)

I am not familiar with that MSD model. But it never hurts to check the timing afterwards. I think mine had advanced after the last MSD install.

What distributor are you running? If you have the Load-o-Matic, is it compatible with your carburetor?
Doug

No sir no load a matic its a 70 maverick.with mechanical and vacum advance. I was planing on getting a duraspark distributer but as it happens I lost my job a week ago so I was piddling around with what I have. It does seem to idle smoother than it did. The msd box is an older type,.i had it for awhile and was just curious if it worked. its got 20 inch pounds of vacum at idle so timing probly pretty close

Back