Offy linkage missing parts

bluesmokebloke

Hi guys,

Long-time lurker here. Thanks for several years of helpful posts.

I just swapped the worn 170 & Fordo in my 63 Falcon sedan with a rebuilt 200 and C4. The 200 has the Offy adapter, on which I'll be mounting 3 Webers, as many have done.

Here's my issue: All the linkage parts came in a cardboard box, and some are missing. I'm missing the parts witihin the red area in the picture. Any ideas on replacing the V-shaped levers? (I'm not sure the other pieces are needed.)

If I can't find replacements (good luck, I know) I'll have to try fabricating them. Any dimensions, or a template would be extrememly helpful. Heck, maybe someone has a better idea.

Thanks in advance!
Paige in CT

offy-parts.jpg

I know several places still sell the linkage kits, you might also be able to talk to Offy (or whoever bought them) to see if you can buy just those. Would work best with specific part numbers.

Thanks, that's a good idea. I'll try calling Offenhauser first.

I bought the kit as a package with the motor, header and trans, and had no idea this kit retails for over $300. There's no way I'm shelling out that much dough!

Thanks vssman! I finally had a chance to call Exeter, and they will check with Offy in the morning. It sounds promising.

I also learned the "v-shaped levers" are bellcranks. :oops:

If they are not able to help you out, I can make some quick and dirty templates of the ‘v’ parts you’re missing and get some decent digital pictures of the other parts so you can see what is going on.

As far as I can recall, the brass fittings are for fuel and are easily sourced. And the two straight bars are just metal pieces with holes at both ends.

One of the guys here did a sliding linkage with allthread, brass fittings and eyelets and heim joints. The outers came on after the center was half or one third open.

Haven't heard back from Exeter yet, so on the long weekend I'll try to cut these pieces from sheet aluminum. I measured the manifold length for reference and used the pic above to make a template:
My Template (PDF, 225kb)

Can't wait to fire this baby up.

bluesmokebloke":23r6jpmb said:
Haven't heard back from Exeter yet, so on the long weekend I'll try to cut these pieces from sheet aluminum. I measured the manifold length for reference and used the pic above to make a template:
My Template (PDF, 225kb)

Can't wait to fire this baby up.

If they dont work right, my offer of tracing the patterns and mailing them to you is still open. Also, if you need any close up shots of the pieces in question, mine is still layed out on the workbench.

Thanks, I really appreciate that. I'd take you up on it, but I did cut out the bellcranks and they seem to be working out alright. I'm keeping the stock linkage and need to bend a 1/4" threaded rod to actuate the arms, but I'm pretty optimistic. Before starting I studied lots of great tripower pics floating around this forum. Post more by all means!

I was actually about to break in the new cam this weekend, but my new fuel pump isn't pumping... :banghead:

Back