Harmonic Balancer 66

roghax85

Hello.

I am for looking, to know if the harmonic balancer of my engine is normal and if the second image is a harmonic balancer for my engine

Ford 1966 200 (mustang)

Stock Harmonic (I think maybe somebody welder a second pulley :s)

New harmonic that I am thinking, but the seller say just 1968 and later.

the engine is rebuild, flat pistons .20 and cam 260 from comp cam.

Thanks

IIRC the 66 HB has 3 bolt pattern for an accessory pully tp be bolted on, and the 68 later have the 4 bolt pattern, also I know the 68+ is larger diameter too, you'll have to re-check your timing degree on the timing cover as it might not fit. if you got the 78+ timing cover and the later 4 bolt HB then you should be good if you have the smaller water pump pulley, the larger one measures 5.25 inch diameter, it won't fit with the larger HB.

I love your engine build, the 260 should really make great power with your flat top's and the .020 over will help quench.

MPGmustang":2ubo49o1 said:
IIRC the 66 HB has 3 bolt pattern for an accessory pully tp be bolted on, and the 68 later have the 4 bolt pattern, also I know the 68+ is larger diameter too, you'll have to re-check your timing degree on the timing cover as it might not fit. if you got the 78+ timing cover and the later 4 bolt HB then you should be good if you have the smaller water pump pulley, the larger one measures 5.25 inch diameter, it won't fit with the larger HB.

I love your engine build, the 260 should really make great power with your flat top's and the .020 over will help quench.

Thanks for you help

if you look the pictues, it not have 3 bolt.

I need 2 belt.

what you recomend to do, to me?

Thanks

MPGmustang":14kw0j6x said:
for bolt on, just get a 66 HB, will save you time and headaches.

do you know where I can get one, new os good but not so expensive?

Thanks

It looks like they should have the right part for a 66 200 Mustang application. I think they have just lumped all the different H. Balancer 's into that first listing. This is the year specif app. Dorman Engine Harmonic Balancer Part Number: 15191-07104892. Summit shows that application in its listings here. Chances are fairly good that you could get the right one.

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/PIO-D ... |Year|1966

Hello.

Another questions:

I can machine the block to down the deck to 0.000? using Flat top Piston, and stock cylinder head, with a cam 260 from Comp Cam?

I did the math here: http://www.csgnetwork.com/compcalc.html

and show it: it is right?

Enter Cylinder Bore Size: 3.7
Enter Piston Stroke Length: 3.126
Enter Head Gasket Bore Diameter: 3.750
Enter Compressed Head Gasket Thickness: 0.050
Enter Combustion Chamber Volume In CCs: 52
Enter Piston Dome Volume In CCs Negative For Dished Pistons (Use '-') 0
Enter Piston Deck Clearance Negative If ABOVE Deck (Use '-') : 0
Calculated Engine Compression Ratio: 10.02197160843063

I like to know if let the deck to 0.000 the valves will crash to piston face?

Thanks

Back