Clearence tolerance plastigage Ford 200

roghax85

hello

I am rebuilding my engine.

I have recivied all from machine shop, but I like to confirm the job.

I am putting bearing of main and rod to 0.010 and the cam STD.

So, I like to know the clearence tolerance of the main bearings, to know what color plastigage buy.

Sorry for my bad English.

Main Journal stock were 2.2486 - (minus) .010 undersize now is 2.2476

Rod Journal stock were 2.1236 - (minus) .010 undersize now is 2.1226

Stock main and rod clearances could run from .0008 to .0012 most reground cranks I have seen will have about .0015 of clearance. If I remember right green plastic gauge is .001 to .003. Good luck

Thanks

and now I have another questions, where I can get the rubber seal rear crank of this engine?

Thanks

Correct! The first picture is of a lip seal (Rubber) these are better than the original seal the engine was built new with is a Rope type. If you use the rubber lip rear main seal be sure to drive the pin out or cut it off (in the seal grove) so it dose not damage the new seal.

Second picture shows a Rope rear main seal your engine gasket kit should of came with one in it. Leave the pin in if you use a rope seal.

And what is it, the another seal before the crank seal:

There is only one seal the crankshaft has an oil slinger though (lip) it's made as part of the crank just before the seal.

bubba22349":22o1opbx said:
Correct! The first picture is of a lip seal (Rubber) these are better than the original seal the engine was built new with is a Rope type. If you use the rubber lip rear main seal be sure to drive the pin out or cut it off (in the seal grove) so it dose not damage the new seal.

Second picture shows a Rope rear main seal your engine gasket kit should of came with one in it. Leave the pin in if you use a rope seal.

And what is it, the another seal before the crank seal:

There is only one seal the crankshaft has an oil slinger though (lip) it's made as part of the crank just before the seal.

So the second not is a seal? if it is a seal where can get it?

If you look at your crankshaft it will have a oil slinger just before were the seal rides it is non removable. Other than that I am not sure what you mean about a second rear seal can you put an arrow on the picture so can know what you mean?

bubba22349":10gmk834 said:
If you look at your crankshaft it will have a oil slinger just before were the seal rides it is non removable. Other than that I am not sure what you mean about a second rear seal can you put an arrow on the picture so can know what you mean?

the blue arrow, that is my questions:

The red is the normal rear seal, but I am confused about the other. the blue

Thank you man.

The red arrow is pointing to the seal. The blue arrow is the oil slinger, and no seal is required for that, just the red arrow.

X2 blue arow is (the oil slinger) and is part of the crankshaft

The FTF could probably expand on this better, but it probably prevents pressurized oil from being directly sprayed into the oil seal area from the rear main, preventing a BIG leak. If you imagine the crank without that lip, oil would be sprayed out from under the rear main journal directly aimed at the the seal. The seal isn't able to handle that kind of oil pressure or volume and would leak big time.

CNC-Dude":1ko39ik1 said:
The FTF could probably expand on this better, but it probably prevents pressurized oil from being directly sprayed into the oil seal area from the rear main, preventing a BIG leak. If you imagine the crank without that lip, oil would be sprayed out from under the rear main journal directly aimed at the the seal. The seal isn't able to handle that kind of oil pressure or volume and would leak big time.

and it is comercial to can get? where can get it? on my kit of gasket no include it.

:thanks:

Back