Someone who knows what a '67 Mustang Z-Bar looks like:

Asa

2K+
VIP
Tell me which of these is more correct.

The posterior one is in better condition, but the superior bar is bent at such an angle that it creates interference in the firewall where the bar from the pedal passes through the firewall.
The anterior looks more correct, but all the holes are wallowed out and ugly, in addition the superior bar looks like it bends too far over in the opposite direction of the direction of the posterior bar.

The inferior bar on each Z-bar looks the same with the exception of the wallowed out holes on the anterior Z-bar

IeMVP.jpg

4oeAo.jpg

In addition, someone please show me where I hook the return spring to. I've got it on the firewall right now, but it's a horrible solution

is that for 170.? I need to know how long the tube is, I have a 67 also & bought a set-up from a guy and the tube is about 3" to short, he said it came off a 6 cyl. engine. Is a 200 different? Help, I am stuck with out it.

Block is the exact same for a 200 or a 170 (except a few cosmetic differences, dimensions are the same)
I did not think that the 170 came in '67

I haven't seen one to measure and compare, but I believe that you have a V8 Z-bar. Somewhere I've got an early model Z-bar and it's about the same width as the one for '67-68.

the engine in the car was rebuilt and still had the 170 tag on it from ford. from what I can find, the early 67's had the 170 in them, there is a listing of parts for the 170 in 1967.

first, the rear most one looks closest, though I recall mine looking part way between yours.

second, as someone who recently installed a z bar, if there's any way you can get a cable conversion, I would go that way. It's such a pain and the feel isn't very good. I know, cheap is good, but cheap is being a pain in my bum right now. I can't seem to find the firewall return spring hook point, driving me crazy.

bubba22349":3mfcw0v6 said:
The bottom one looks closest to picture below

http://image.mustangmonthly.com/f/92321 ... ervice.jpg

On the return springs do you have the one hooked to the end of release bearing arm? It's a long spring going forward.
How did Mustang Monthly get a pic of my car? :wtf:
My problem with the bottom one is that the angle is wrong, it pulls the rod all the way to the passenger side so that the rod rubs against the firewall.

Yes, I do have the equalizer hooked to the throwout bearing fork. Is that all I need?

Yours looks like might be bent some so maybe re bend it little until it lines up better so the rod doesn't rub the firewall. 1. There's an upper Clutch Rod Spring That attaches to the clutch equalizer bar and draws it back to the firewall 37523A 01. 2. The clutch pedal assembly also uses a clutch pedal return spring, heavy duty spring inside the car #27534A01 Measures 8-15/16" long. 3. The lower clutch rod spring, attaches the equalizer bar (Z-bar) to the clutch fork 67591A 01. That Mustang Monthly article has some other good pictures and info even one of the 1967 & 68 200 six Z bar (Rusty looking one) and the other clutch parts, see below link. Good luck

http://www.mustangmonthly.com/howto/mum ... ewall.html

I took the Z-bar off and tweaked it. Ended up getting it almost perfectly in align. Still need to figure a way to get a secondary return spring introduced into the system. Stock looks like a little bracket that bolts to the firewall, but I think i'd like something forward of the Z-bar at the bottom instead of heading to the firewall at the top.

A few times I have used a long return spring these were commonly used on the older big Ford cars and also Pickups 1950's & 60's or (auto parts store universal type) hooked up the same on the clutch release arm going forward than make a little L bracket to bolt off an oil pan bolt, or a bracket made to bolt onto the side of block or hole in the Chassis.

Back