Sneak Peek - CI Roller Tip Rockers

Gene, they are the same dimensions as the stock ones so you can use existing hardware.I'm told they will be availablle in different ratios aswell.

82F100":20pjwujg said:
Gene, they are the same dimensions as the stock ones so you can use existing hardware.I'm told they will be availablle in different ratios aswell.
I see on the classicinlines site that Mike says they will be available in 1.5, 1.6, 1.65 and 1.7...I've been waiting to see how much they will cost.

I'm glad Mike is going to offer them. I would bet the price will be $595.00.
Gene, you may be able to get a deal being you are located close to him.
I wish they were full roller like the yella-terra's.
Remember when you increase the rocker ratio you not only gain in lift, but your .050" duration will be increased.
The 264 cam @ .050" is 214 going to a 1.65 rocker might bump that up to 216 or 218. Bill

wsa111":2vqacgeq said:
I'm glad Mike is going to offer them. I would bet the price will be $595.00.
Gene, you may be able to get a deal being you are located close to him.
I wish they were full roller like the yella-terra's.
Remember when you increase the rocker ratio you not only gain in lift, but your .050" duration will be increased.
The 264 cam @ .050" is 214 going to a 1.65 rocker might bump that up to 216 or 218. Bill
I'm pretty sure I read that they will be available as a fully assembled unit or in kit form where you just get the rockers and then assemble them to your existing shaft. Much more affordable as a kit.

Hopefully in kit form so I can just swap my current roller tips for the better ratio ones. :D

Looking forward to seeing them come out!!

We plan to offer two kits.....one with rockers only, the other with rockers and a new shaft, or fully assembled and ready to bolt on. You can also mix the ratio's when ordering. For example, you could use 1.5 on the intake and 1.6 on the exhaust, or vice versa. The best part about making our own line of rockers, is that we can make any ratio we want, from 1.5 to 1.75 (custom ratio available on request). We also started from scratch, rather then modifing a shelf rocker, so we could make them the same width as the stock rockers. This means they slip right on, without any special parts, a longer shaft, or any modifications.

As for cost, I'm still working on it... but they will definitely be cheaper than the ones we were offering. I'm just guessing but I think the rocker only kits, regardless of ratio, will run around $375 (plus $30 for a new shaft).

Other good news, I found a manufacturer that will make custom Hypereutectic Piston for us. The best part, they'll only cost a little more (10-20%) than a stock cast piston, and I can have high performance coatings (top and skirts) applied at the factory. Bad news, I have to order a minimum of 1000 pistons, so it's a sizable outlay of cash. Time to start saving....

Rocker arms would be an easy swap. I think my current combo has some tenths left in it , we always look for more.

When this current engine expires, I am not sure what direction I will go for power

Thanks for all the effort Mike. I like what I have read and seen so far and will be :
budgeting for a set for my current setup

Crosley":2adwxyv5 said:
Any idea how many weeks ''out'' the rockers are from production?

Was actually just thinking the same thing. I am saving for a set for the tri power.

: hopefully the continuing development of CI speed-sport parts will continue developing interest in building performance sixes... , FSP member' six builds discussed here sure develop interest at the cruises, shows and track.

currently edumacating myself on turbo builds.. references: Classic Inlines - Cams, pistons, valvetrain, exh, fasteners, gaskets, ... excellent ! (1000 Hypereutectic pistons = 166.6666666666667 sets of SIX ) 8)

This is good to know. I've been s-l-o-w-l-y gathering bits-n-pieces for a small-6 buildup over the past two years. Thank's(AGAIN!...)Mike (y) 8) :!: ~OO6.

STEVEN.":29lduklz said:
This is good to know. I've been s-l-o-w-l-y gathering bits-n-pieces for a small-6 buildup over the past two years. Thank's(AGAIN!...)Mike (y) 8) :!: ~OO6.
Well geeze put the darn thing together already!! :p
C'mon get with the program!

I have to STOP BUYING Cars first. I'm currently in the market for 'an OLD Chev/Ford Pickup. I even looked at a '68 Chevy C20 Tow Truck in Montana online(of course!...). I figure 'IF' I had a Tow Truck,I could..in time...use it to bring home future purchases. I could also use it to move junk for other People like myself. It would pay for itself in no time :mrgreen: :unsure: :nod: ! ~OO6.

Tow truck would be nice, but a flat back with wheel snatched would be more versatile.

Thanks Mike for all the hard work!

STEVEN.":2lswn9qw said:
I have to STOP BUYING Cars first. I'm currently in the market for 'an OLD Chev/Ford Pickup. I even looked at a '68 Chevy C20 Tow Truck in Montana online(of course!...). I figure 'IF' I had a Tow Truck,I could..in time...use it to bring home future purchases. I could also use it to move junk for other People like myself. It would pay for itself in no time :mrgreen: :unsure: :nod: ! ~OO6.
Excuses, excuses... ;) :LOL:

Back