choice carburator

The carburator appears to be a GM DualJet 2bbl and there are plenty of parts available for rebuild and modification.. What's the question? Are you wondering if that is a good carb or an appropriate size? Or are you wondering if you should get an Autolite 2100/2150 or a Holley?

CoupeBoy":2g7gtovz said:
The carburator appears to be a GM DualJet 2bbl and there are plenty of parts available for rebuild and modification.. What's the question? Are you wondering if that is a good carb or an appropriate size? Or are you wondering if you should get an Autolite 2100/2150 or a Holley?

:thanks:
My exacly question is the appropiate size for the engine.

maybe I can get better performance of my carburator if I get a holley or the dualjet is fine to the modifications of the engine.

Thanks

I am still not finding CFM specifications for the DualJet, but there is some interesting info on the 'net if you dig around.
[url=http://classicoldsmobile.com/forums/small-blocks/27226-rochester-dual-jet.html:38x8nxjn said:
chanic - Rochester Dual Jet on (ClassicOldsmobile.com)[/url]":38x8nxjn]The DualJet is essentially the front half (primaries) of a QuadraJet, which is an excellent carb. The design allowed GM to save a bundle by using a lot of the same internal parts for both carbs. The DualJet has the same bolt pattern as a QuadraJet, just without the big secondary bores, and uses a unique DualJet intake manifold (which will have an EGR bore because it's from the late seventies). It cannot bolt up to a 2-Jet manifold.

The DualJet looks like the front half of a Quadrajet, has all the same connections in the same places, and has an airhorn opening (seen through the hole in the middle of the air cleaner) that is D-shaped.
Bingo, I think this is the most 'authoratative' source that I've found..
[url=http://cliffshighperformance.com/simplemachinesforum/index.php?topic=633.0:38x8nxjn said:
Toronado - on Dual-jet ?? Opinions welcome (Cliff's High Performance Quadrajets)[/url]":38x8nxjn]The M2ME cfm rating is:

"There were 5 different CFM ratings for the 2GV. 278, 352, 381, 423, & 435"

You can check your & find out its size by measuring it,

"1 1/4" flange, 1 7/16" throttle bore, 1 3/32" venturi - 278 cfm
1 1/2" flange, 1 11/16" throttle bore, 1 3/16" venturi - 352 cfm
1 1/2" flange, 1 11/16" throttle bore, 1 1/4" venturi - 381 cfm
1 1/2" flange, 1 11/16" throttle bore, 1 5/16" venturi - 423 cfm
1 1/2" flange, 1 11/16" throttle bore, 1 3/8" venturi - 435 cfm"

The Dualjet or M2ME, (a Q-jet cut in half),
The carburator itself should be fine, so long as you have one that is a suitable size for your engine. (preferrably one of the ones that is less than 400 CFM)

-ron

Back