Can anyone help me with some bolt sizes?

Anlushac11

1K+
VIP
When I took engine apart I put everything in freezer bags and labeled them. Unfortunately I and car have moved a couple of times since then and last time I moved persons house I moved from seems to have kept my Ford Six Performance Handbook and Mustang Performance Handbook II.

I have found the alternator, fuel pump, water pump, and exhaust manifold bolts.

Does anyone know the sizes for the C4 bellhousing bolts, the two short power steering pump bolts, and the water pump pulley bolts?

The block and head are D8 casting taken out of a 81 Mustang, if that helps.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Sincerely,
Mark.

Anlushac11":3gy9oixm said:
Does anyone know the sizes for the two short power steering pump bolts....

thanks in advance for any help.

Sincerely,
Mark.

I've got the combined Air pump and power steering bolt details for 1981 I6 Foxes for you.

Funny thing is one of the alloy mounting bracket wings that holds to the block is broken/sheared, but it still works fine on my 81 Stang ;)

1 x 9/16" head 0.75" long shank - Lock nut for power steering pump

1 x 5/8" AF head 6.2" long shank - Top long shank pivot for power steering pump

2 x 5/8" AF head 1.4" long shank - short side mounting bolts for power steering pump

It is designed to link in with the air pump bracket, and is the plastic power steering pump, not the earlier metal jobbie.

Anlushac11":36362z0h said:
Does anyone know the sizes for the C4 bellhousing bolts....

Thanks in advance for any help.

Sincerely,
Mark.

Same as the C3 and C5's. My C3 equiped Mustang has four 14 mm head bolts 2.36" long, but the heads are not quite correctly turnable at full torque with 9/16" head spanners, they burl the heads and then become a pest to remove. The replacment bolt that will work is the SAE 7/16 - 14 X 2 1/2 inches long if you haven't got them already. All the threads are good old SAE, just the out side bits are metric. Best to remove about 0.140 off them, and lightly chamfer the end threads so they don't bottom out.

Easiest fix is to use the inner intake manifold bolts for the log headed engine. They usually work, and have a normal AF/SAE imperial thread and head, not a hotch potch of French metric and US imperial like Ford started doing. Same thread as the kick down allen head bolt, which are good if you have space limitations, but you need to preserve the 2.36" to 2.5" shank size.

Around about 1979 to 1983, Ford changed the bellhousings to suit metric headed bolts with SAE threads.

G_d bless America:)

Back