Exhaust Single in Dual out Question

blaze65

Have a rebuilt 200 , Autolite 2100 on modified log, CI stainless Dual out headers. Need an exhaust and would like to find something I can do myself. Was thinking a Y pipe from the headers , single pipe back and then the over the axle pipe to a transverse mounted single in dual out muffler. Would then run pipes out the back to look like a dual setup.

I see a lot of posts for single in dual out Flowmaster 50 but I cannot find that a part or catalog number anywhere. Is this muffler still made ? I am thinking it would have to have one inlet and one outlet on the same side , and the second outlet on the other side. I think this is referred to as a camaro style muffler.

Does this setup sound OK for this setup and is this muffler still available ?

Many thanks

Bill

Look for a muffler from a late model (90s) Camaro. Chevy used a transverse mounted muffler behind the axle, single pipe in, dual pipe out.

Thanks that helped. I was expecting a muffler with an 1 Inlet and 1 outlet on the same side and the second outlet on the other side by itself. I was assuming it would work this way to so that there would be one outlet going out left and the other out right. Magnaflow site shows one for a 90's Camaro with both outlets on the same side and the use a 'U' pipe to take that one outlet and get it going to the opposite side.

What about Pipe size ? will 2.25 or 2.50 make a difference ?

Thanks again for the help

will 2.25 or 2.50 make a difference?

Yes, but not huge.
I'd say go with the 2,25 if possible, others correct me if wrong (& some ed-u-ma cation, if possible).
;- )

Back