Duraspark II

anotherhassel

Guys I am so confused on wiring the duraspark up. Some say to remove the resistor some say it is needed :banghead: So my question is what do I do with it? The rest looks fairly straight forward. Also where is everyone getting their switched 12v from for the red wire? Do I need a different coil from my stocker?

I have my Mustang setup without a resistor wire, none of the wires on my GM/Duraspark setup are original to the car. You can also get a switched 12V from the solenoid on the passenger firewall.

Ok so I got it in with the resistor still intact. I recurved the dizzy as per the tech section and the car seems to miss with the vac advance hooked up. The car did this with the original dizzy and the autolite my solution was to remove and plug it. Did the same until tonite when I hooked up the vac for the first time. It does the same thing as before. What could be the cause? I just removed and plugged the vac advance to go for a quick spin.

I'm not a Mustang guy but I have read to not use the resistor wire.
There are some threads here on this, you'll have to search a bit.

When I wired in my d2 + GM module. I ran a 12v feed with 20amp fuse to a 12v relay. Then I used the infamous pink wire as the trigger on the relay.

So I get 12v directly from the battery and I didn't have to reinvent where the power was switched from.

I like the relay Idea. I did the same for the pertronix and worked fine. If the coil is 12V it should be ok to bypass the wire. If it's the stock coil for the points distributor I would up that to a 12V. I read the stock coils will burn out if that pink wire is bypassed

Back