How to intsall weber 32/36 carb

jllgzt

Anyone out there do the conversion to the 2v weber 32/36 carb with electric choke from classic inlines? If so, can you post install info and any photos of how to connect electric wire to choke and what type of throttle cable you used. Thanks,

Heres mine I just got it installed about a week ago. I have it on a 71 Maverick so somethings might be different from your install. I used the stovebolt adapter and just found a keyed hot line for the choke. I was able to use the same linkage too. If you shoot me your email I have 2 pics that I can send you. I don't know how to put them on here ? If someone can help me with this please do Rick

I have the weber installed on two mavericks. I used the Altenator stator wire to switch a relay to send +12v to the choke heater.

This has the advantage of being on only when the engine is running rather then when the ignition switch is on.

I’m in the process of doing the same thing to my 68 coupe but I’m using an Autolite 2100. I got the 2V into 1V adapter from CI. For Throttle cable I went to my local auto parts store and got one, steel braded by Mr. Gasket for $28. I’m planning on doing the same thing with the + for the choke, Alternator stator and just grounding it to the carb base. Also I was able to find a gas pedal of ebay from a 72 fastback for $20 which allows for easy hook up for the throttle cable, I had the linkage style before.

Don't mean to highjack this thread but for those of you who went with the 32/36 upgrade was it a worthwhile upgrade? Did you just do the carb swap to an otherwise stock motor? Did it really wake the engine up vs. the stock 1 bbl? Does is idle well and have decent low speed manners?

Must I felt a small difference when I did the swap. That being said drivablity went up 10 fold. No more hesitation flat spots

I thought it was worth it. At the same time I also did an electronic ignition and a few other small things. Flat spot was gone unless I accelerate hard. But that's more of a tuning issue

Wish that I had installed the Weber sooner. That said, spent the first season dialing in the jetting. Figure about 10 to15 minutes at a time, about 20 iterations till I got it to where I wanted it. If you do not intend to take the time to jet it to your engine -do not bother with the Weber.

I also purchased the Mr Gasket universal throttle cable as well as the transmission kick down bracket. I however cannot figure out how to mount the kick down bracket and do i have to purchase a second cable to run from the bracket to the transmission? any suggestions and pictures? thanks

aribert":3la2fu0t said:
Wish that I had installed the Weber sooner. That said, spent the first season dialing in the jetting. Figure about 10 to15 minutes at a time, about 20 iterations till I got it to where I wanted it. If you do not intend to take the time to jet it to your engine -do not bother with the Weber.

It would help others if you posted your jetting and miscellaneous settings here. There is a stickey here to add it to.

I am a bit late in responding to the previous posting - I needed to fetch some .jpgs. I am very hesitant to post my jetting. I am not afraid to drill jets larger (except for idle jets w/ two holes - I have jet to figure out what hole does what).

After reading one of John Passini's Weber books (unable to find it or my Haynes Weber book at the moment); I modified my emulsion tubes by soldering up the lower holes and drilling holes higher up. See comparison of various tubes: http://i290.photobucket.com/albums/ll27 ... 6634f4.jpg But with out my reference material, I don't remember if what I did leaned or richened things up at higher rpms. I also modified the acceleration pump cam to increase the stroke: http://i290.photobucket.com/albums/ll27 ... stroke.jpg

Back