Mustang Monthly article on Alum hean in stall.

Are you going to use a mini starter? If so, which one. I would like to find one for the 200 with headers.

Rick

"...dyno tested my car the way it is. Only 80HP to the rear wheels. We are going to dyno after the install..."

So you're using the 200ci?

Thanks for including us as you go along.

I could not find a mini starter that fits with out modifying. MM called a couple of companies to see what the had but nothing. Yeah my black is a stock 200. I want to find another 200 black use it for a turbo down the road. I am not sure I want to make a 250 fit. Hopefully I will have the car running next week.

Brian

I have a mess of measurements I want to double check before posting, but all the mini starters I found only work on automatic bellhousings. I have a 3 bolt starter that was awesome on my c4 , and when I changed to a t5, I modded it for 2 bolt. Not realizing the engagement zone was shallower, my flywheel chewed up the starter gear :(

I'm still searching for a 2 bolt mini with a recessed starter gear.

IIRC you can change a snout on a starter. It was an obscure article on this site & I haven't reviewed it lately. May B some one can chime in here (as to my correctness and how to do it /or/ tell me I way off!). If I think about it, I can't see how i'd be done (is a solid piece @ the housing, you'd have to machine the shaft, etc) but it seems there was some sort of work-around method...

Also some way to change bolt flange between 2 and 3 bolt starters.

At this late hr I may be a lill daft (not the 1st time either!)...
:roll:

:unsure: Hi Chad.On the starter fitment.IIRC.The electric motor part of the starter was the same for ALL engines from the 144 through the 460.The difference was in the nose cone and the bendix depending on engine and tranny combo (stick or automatic).FTF can more than likely clear this up.Don`t know if this holds true for the "High Torque"style starters or not.
Good luck.Have fun.Be safe.
Leo

My neighbor owns GPE Competition Starters here in the OKC area. He said he likes the challenge of building mini-starters for some antique and less common engines. I bought one from him for my Pontiac. I may have a 2 bolt starter that he could use as a template. You might contact him for pricing.
Doug

http://www.gpestarters.com/
405-340-8986

Just broke in the cam :nod: in getting ready to change the oil. Only a few small jobs left until I can drive it. Car sounds great. :beer:

Well it is finally done and bought time. I will be on the dyno next week. But you will have to wait until the article to see the results. Car is running pretty good. The stock C4 is really holding it back :banghead: . I will be installing the T5 next month. I am running a 2100 300CFM with 50 jets. I had to use a 1/2"carb spacer to get throttle linkage on the carb to clear the intake. So with that I had to notch the hood bracing for the carb hat.

Well my new carb arrived today. It is a 200 240CFM 1.02. Hopefully my engine likes it better then my 300CFM 2100. The car will be dynoed next week and should be in the next Mustang Monthly. :beer: Then around the 12th of Aug my T5 will be installed and then another dyno run. The T5 dyno numbers will be on Mustang Monthly's facebook page and there main site.

I was but then decided to run the 245CFM 2bbl since MRaley made 199HP with it. I was not sure which one I wanted the Holley 390 or 465, 4100 or a 600CFM with vac secondaries. I know you said a 600 CFM with vac secondaries. So we will see how this goes. I still can't believe the 300CFM 2100 had issues. So I will be installing it on Monday and hopefully dyno on Tuesday.

I know you need more carburation, look at mustang-geezer.
M. Raleys dyno # were done by pony carburetors. I build the 4412-500 holley for his engine.
Both myself & Stubby which own innovate wide band A/F testors got an A/F ratio of 12.8 wot.
Pony carburetors apparently closed the choke on his carb & stated they got an A/F ratio of 11.5 with this carburetor. They did this so their carburetor made better #'s.
Any dyno numbers you see from pony carburetors are probably bogus.
Toward the end of their business products they produced did not have a great reputation.
Do what you want, but I would at least run a 390 cfm holley 4 barrel & install a lighter spring in the secondary vacuum control.

Thanks I will see how it goes with this one. I still have no idea why the 300CFM almost dies from a dead start. Fuel pressure and float level was good. What should I set my pressure regulator at. If I do not get good numbers with this I will go to a 4bbl. I still get to dyno the car again after the T5 install. I have to look I may have a smaller Holley 4bbl to rebuild. Thanks again for all the help.

I dont subscibe but I normally pick an issue up every month at the store, but I have not seen an article yet about the head install.
Did I miss it, or is it not out yet??

Not out yet. It should be the next one or the one after that. I will let yall know which one it is.

Back