Mustang Monthly article on Alum hean in stall.

65-coupe

I am in the process with Mustang Monthly doing a tech article on the install of my new head. :LOL: This started a few months ago when we dyno tested my car the way it is. Only 80HP to the rear wheels. We are going to dyno after the install with the C4 and then the T5. Last Weds we pulled the engine and stripped the engine compartment for paint. Still waiting on my head from CI it is having port work done. I will be installing a 264/264 110 cam, 1.6 roller tipped rockers and alot of other new parts from Summit, Spectre and Lokar. Summit had a alum water pump that I got from them. I will be using a 1.14 2100 carb that I have. I plan to upgrade to a 4100 in the future. When we pulled the oil pan the bottom end was very clean. It has also been balanced when the last person rebuilt it in the early 90's. The article is planned for the October issue as long as all goes well. You can go to Mustang Monthly's facebook page and see the pic of us pulling the engine.

Brian :beer:

That is good news an article like that could create interest from otherwise unaware citizens. Increase our ranks so to speak.
I will look at that aluminum water pump, does it flow more than stock? Flow Kooler use to have a part number for the 144-200 but don't think it is listed any more. Look forward to the article.

Yeah the pic and info that Mustang Monthly posted on there Facebook page had almost 7000 views. They are excited to do a story with the I6 since they do not get to that often. Can't wait to have it all installed and drive it.

64falconsix":1brt91b8 said:
What level of porting did you go with.

I did the performance street. I am installing a wide band o2 sensor also so hopefully I can get the carb adjusted right. I know the smaller 240 cfm made the most of the 2bbl. But hopefully I can get 300CFM 2bbl dialed in to get about the same with changing the jets size.

I will be waiting for updates and pics, your build is to the T what my next build will be except I plan to use the 4100 carb,so I am curious to see the dyno sheet on the build with a c/4 behind it and hopefully a video clip of the sound and Idle with that cam and head.

64falconsix":hk1748u4 said:
I will be waiting for updates and pics, your build is to the T what my next build will be except I plan to use the 4100 carb,so I am curious to see the dyno sheet on the build with a c/4 behind it and hopefully a video clip of the sound and Idle with that cam and head.

I will post what I can but alot will have to wait until the article is printed. I will post a video after so you can hear it. I might be changing to a 108 instead of the 110 for the cam.
-

Looks like a dream came true.
However since you chose the 110 l/c camshaft, i hope you also install a looser converter for a decent curb idle in drive.
Don't forget to get the distributor curve dialed in to your needs.

I will be installing a T5 after we dyno it with the C4. I have a DUI not show if I need to recurve it.

The T5 will take care of your idle concern.
Are you running flat top pistons or the dished ones??
Yes you need to get your DUI customized for your combination. The aluminum head requires 4-5 less total degrees of advance compared to the iron head. What i'm saying is once you dial in your present total your initial will be so low it will kill your low end.
Best of luck with your great future article in MM.

My 250 Maverick has one of the Alum. GMB water pumps on it. Not sure that they still make the 250 ones in the Alum. Have used the GMB water pumps on cars and trucks over the years with no problems.

Well still waiting on the cam, rockers, and ect. Today I painted the engine block, oil pan and braces. Tomorrow I may finish the disc brakes and install the GW sub frame connectors. I was hoping to have everything already and to get the engine back together in the car this week. Not happening since still waiting on parts. I will keep you posted.

Back