Is the Argentine Head a direct bolt on?

Positively Ralf

I can't find my Ford Six manual to look this up. Is it a direct bolt on to the US six? Reason I'm asking is because a friend is making a week long trip to Argentina and he said he would be willing to look around for one if he has the time. But again, is it a direct bolt on? anyone here drive with one? What are the opinions on it vs the Aussie head and the aluminum one?

Yes it will bolt right on one thing thought is that you need the intake to fit it and the exhaust ports are different so you might want to get those with it or find out about headers to fit. The other thing they had was a great 221 cu in short block. Happy hunting (y)

bubba22349":lzem5gag said:
Yes it will bolt right on one thing thought is that you need the intake to fit it and the exhaust ports are different so you might want to get those with it or find out about headers to fit. The other thing they had was a great 221 cu in short block. Happy hunting (y)

Thanks for the response. So basically, just get everything that comes with the head right? I get the intake and head, but I'm kinda lost on the exhaust ports part. Just trying to get as much info as possible so I can tell him what to look out for. Cheers!

If your friend can find just the head, get it. You can have an intake and header fabricated.
A head with an intake would be ideal, all three (head, intake, exhaust manifold) a grand slam.

A header is too bulky to bring back. A cast exhaust manifold is heavier, but smaller.

8) dont worry about the exhaust, headers can be fabricated easily. get the head and intake though. but correct me if i am wrong, doesnt the argentine head use the same intake as the aussie 250 2v head? if so then perhaps the intakes mike sells for his aluminum head should bolt up right?

Back