Exaust port devider rattle fix?

A

Anonymous

My port devider started rattling like crazy before I took my car apart to make the turbo stuff. I am getting ready to put it all back together and was wandering how to hold that devider in there where it will stay still and quiet! I know you can weld it but I am not sure if I want to do that or not. I have heard of people using epoxy witch I would like to do. I don't know what kind to get to hold up to the temp of the exaust heat. Or is epoxy just a bad idea?

Dan

Here are two pics of what I did.

portdiv1.jpg

(Top View of Head)

portdiv2.jpg

(From Inside the Port)

I drilled two holes through the head and divider and pushed in two metal dowels. I welded the port divider in at the sides and also welded the dowels from the top. The head has not been installed so I do not know if it will work. But, it should stop the divider from moving. I do not think the dowels will break the weld and back out.

Somebody on the forum suggested installing a Clifford port divider by grinding it to fit and cleaning the head the best you can. Then using Moroso A&B epoxy which is a putty cosistency to cover the divider, especially the back, then squish it in there. You can then wipe away the excess and even round out the corners. This worked really well for me and there is no way that thing will move and there isnt a leak between the ports at the back like there inevitably is when you install it dry

Back