Installing Taurus Fan - Space issues

jlopes

I just picked up a taurus fan at the boneyard and found out there is noway it will fit as a "puller", only 2.5" between the rad and water pump pulley.. I also noticed that there isn't enough room as a pusher because of the space between the rad and front support is also only a couple of inches.

what to do, what to do?????

what if I put standoff or "U" channel between the rad and the rad mounts, pushing it closed to the motor. If I push the rad 1.5"-2" closed to the motor that will give me over 3" inches to install the taurus fan as a pusher? The only issue I can see is it might look weird.

Has anybody tried this? any other issues I haven't thought of. :unsure:

The contour/mystique fan is a great one. It's a very thin dual fan.
$(KGrHqN,!qEFEFc3KU6CBRqEkMM6!Q~~60_12.JPG

I have one of those taurus fans too and they are huge.

jlopes":1sq4p7fa said:
I just picked up a taurus fan at the boneyard and found out there is noway it will fit as a "puller", only 2.5" between the rad and water pump pulley.. I also noticed that there isn't enough room as a pusher because of the space between the rad and front support is also only a couple of inches.

what to do, what to do?????

what if I put standoff or "U" channel between the rad and the rad mounts, pushing it closed to the motor. If I push the rad 1.5"-2" closed to the motor that will give me over 3" inches to install the taurus fan as a pusher? The only issue I can see is it might look weird.

Has anybody tried this? any other issues I haven't thought of. :unsure:

What car are you working on? I am guessing a Mustang??

Read this post: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=70396&p=540109#p540109

I have not yet found an electric fan the will work as a puller. Best thing would be a thermo clutch fan.

Also, the fan mentioned above is about 3.3" depth. Still will not fit.

Back