Remanufactured engines? Short blocks?

Sav63comet

My poor old 250 is quite worn out.

I would kind of like to buy an engine in a box rather than go through the rebuid process myself.

I have a fresh head set aside so really only need a short block.

No great rush as I need to get the money set aside first.

Dos anyone have any recommendations for rebuilders to go through?

When I start googling I run across bad things about all of them. The ones that have price lists and such posted usuall only have numbers for a full engine.

8) when it comes to engines, you are ALWAYS going to see people complain about the end product. some people just like to complain, others say they have issues to get a discount, others complain because the replacement wasnt what they actually wanted, and still others had real problems, though those are few and far between.

another option you have is to take your engine to a local shop and have them rebuild it, or if you need the car running while you get the engine built, you can buy a short block from a wrecking yard and have that rebuilt while you drive your car.

Really a fan of that last idea. I've also gone the route of buying a running motor from a wrecking yard, putting it my car, then rebuilding my original motor at a leisurely pace. Last time I did that, the wrecking yard motor never quit, so I still have the lovingly rebuilt mill sitting on an engine stand in the garage, waiting... :)

Back