Engine for my 1962

8) there is a company that does rebuild engines in the phoenix area called five star engine exchange. i have no personal experience with them though, but they do sell reman short and long blocks, for pretty reasonable prices. here is a partial list of the engines they sell;

http://www.fivestarengines.com/replacement.html

Those are good prices for a short block. If it weren't for the fact i want to learn on the multitude of engines i have, I'd go through them.

rbiggins63":3u0ippdb said:
Does anyone sell inline six crate engines? I have a 1964 170 that will cost $1600.00 to have rebuilt.

Free advert?

XECNOTSOLARGECARDv3.png

XEC Ltd ICBM intercontinental ballistic motors:-
FAZER 6Bi (M112 & EEC5) or FAZER 6Ti (GT3582 & EEC5) 425 HP 4.1L/250 I-6
For Mustang/Falcon/Fox/Explorer/Ranger/Bronco & Cortinas
"FAZER Engines Don't Just Happen, They're MADE"

Thin wall Ford sixes are something of a lottery. In some parts of the US and Canada, they suffer the normal thermal stress of frozen winters, and the cylinder bores don't always cope with a 30 thou over bore. But they are certainly plentifull, and so I have listed two boosted 480 pound 250 based Australian block engines.

Mine are non exchange, 3983 cc, 243 cubic inch Non cross flow log headed OHV engines based on the common Aussie 250 x-flow engine block, and they cost US 7995 landed in Compton, CA. Power is 425 bhp net a 5250 rpm with either supercharger or ball bearing turbo. Torque is limited to 400 lb-ft at 3250 rpm, but the torque curve is modulated. I'm still working on the calibration, but TMA produces a Cologne V6 turbo kit, and my engine is a 4.0 I6 with similar parameters as the venerable German Bent OHC Six in the 2005to 2010 Mustangs, 1996 to 2005 Explorers and 1999 to 2011 Rangers.

My engines use US Chevy GM 4200 cylinder liners, Aussie Ford Corsair UA conrods (KA24E Nissan 240SX) and CP XR6 Turbo pistons and EL Falcon 4.0 sohc 12 counterweight crankshafts with the smaller JP 250 timing chain. Cam is a Tighe Engineering roller cam modelled off the 5.0 E303. The computer control is standard Explorer/Ranger/Mustang 4.0 sohc V6 with ODB2 sensor lock-out, and they are designed for the not supplied Bordeux 5 speed automatic, which infaces with an XEC transadaptor. But a T5 or Mazda 5 speed goes right behind it . Exhast is a split version of the 1980 to 1983 foot ball converter, which I am replicating with a local casting company with international (US) ownership.

The ignition is EDIS-6, so the gas flowed rebuilt M112 supercharger or new Falcon XR6 turbo uses the American aftermarket Cologne calibration.

There is a third and forth option too.

Option 3

I've been working on a normally aspirated 250 log engine using a modified dual Holley carb set up on one of my intake adaptors, and a special feedback open and closed loop Ford EEC 5 control for a reduced price. Though its a 250 Aussie based engine, it will take the stock Falcon 1962, Maverick and Granada and Fox engine mounts and go in anything from a 60's Falcon to a 1983 Fairmont or LTDII without hood or major radiator mods. The cost less the Supercharger or turbo should be about US $4995 landed in CA. Power is about 235 hp at 5250 rpm, and 275 lb-ft at 3250 rpm. I did all the scoping for these engines back in 2010, and my first was made in 2000 as a destroked Chev pistoned engine.

Each is designed to be able to use the Classic Inlines head, as the log head I use only flows 160 cfm at 25"H20, and operates on 12 pounds in boosted form, and so the camshaft is the major producer of power. I'd love to use the Classic Inlines head, but I haven't sold any log head engines yet, although there has been interest.

Option 4 There is a stock block US 200 I've scoped. I'd be prepared to set up the concept for Classic Inlines, since the sleaves/liners take care of even the most tired block, but its not roller cam capable. It seems to me that linered engines are the way to go, since the modern turbo XR6 piston is so darn cheap, and with a Classic Inlines head, a crate 194 cubic inch Ford 200 with liners , 302 Ford con-rods would make 265 hp and and 250 lb-ft from just a 335 pound engine if the classic inline head was part of the deal.

In reality, despite the insanely low cost of a GT40p headed Explorer or Mountaineer block from wrecked SUV, the V8 guys haven't figured out how to make 425 hp 347 Windsors on the cheap like Australians have, so the 200 ans 250's are still unmatchable economy performance engines if you build them withe the right heads and parts.

Back