Header Flange

Explorer

Any place to purchase one for the 200ci? Wanting to try our hand at making a header. Not satisfied with what I have.

8) none that i know of, perhaps you can contact classic inlines and see if mike will sell you one. but they are not hard to make, or have made if you make a proper template. start by making a template of exactly what you want made, be sure to allow for maximum port size, and the thickness of the header tubing you plan to run, and when you are satisfied with the template, you can either cut the flange material yourself, or have someone cut it for you on a proper automated metal cutter. i tend to prefer a water jet system as the edges are much cleaner than a plasma cutter, and you may not have a laser cutter in your area. i recommend using 3/8" thick steel for your header flange. and dont forget the bolt holes on your template, i know, you already know that, but you would be surprised at how often things like that ARE forgotten.

Guess I will have to go that route. I can get it done (probably cheaper), youngest son works in a fab shop. Figured it would be easier if one was available commercially and have him reproduce.

I have a rather sad homemade manifold on my car that a buddy in a fab shop helped me out with years back when my stock manifold cracked and I needed to drive it the next day.

If I remember correctly we got lucky and one of their punch press die sets (I'm not a fabricator, is that the right terminology?) was dead nuts on the same size as the exhaust ports. Made it very easy to make the flange.

Back