2V Head and Roller rockers on 200

xrwagon

ok so it all goes on end of next week, my question is my friend suggested we try a cleveland roller rocker on the exhaust for my 2V head, i have yella terra rollers, so it would be 1.65 on intake and 1.73 on exhaust, this would give the effect of a dual range cam, what are your thoughts?

unless you are planning on driving it consistently in the 4000rpm range, you won't gain ANYTHING.

torque could improve in the lower range if you put the higher ratio on the intake, but it will hurt HP and lower the rev cap.

There is more to rockers than just having a ratio your looking for, do the small 6 rocker and the Cleveland rocker even have the same geometry, if not, they won't even work even if they had the same ratio. Better check into it further, if the geometry isn't correct, the results can be very destructive.

my neighbour has 3 sets of cleveland rollers we are comparing them next week, was merely a question, not looking at destructing an engine, what is the calculation for working out the difference for the rockers when going from 1.5 to 1.65? I have a flow sheet for the 2V head, just waiting for it to arrive, the previous solid cam i had posted up probably wont work that well with a 2V.

Turns out i got ripped off a 1000 bucks today, so disregard everything i mentioned on my head triples and roller rockers, now need to fight to get my money back, turns out guy got pics off google images and didnt own anything, about to name and shame the guy on facebook where he is, apparently this is common over here, people selling parts they dont own. Very pissed off.

Mate, thats gotta suck big ones.
I cant see how clevo rockers, which are stud mounted, go on a log head that are shaft mounted.
Crossflow rockers will interchange with Clevo's

As far as I have found, CI are the only ones that made/make rollers for pre crossflow heads, apart from super rare Yella Terra ones.

I have roller tipped rockers on my 221 at 1.6:1 ratio. These are a CI product I bought from a member here.

http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/bb20 ... ollers.jpg

mate this bloke is on facebook, Daniel Wilde, he claims to own parts he doesn’t, he had a head from a USA webpage Kstang picture and a expired add on gumtree for the carbies, the penny dropped when i saw the head on this guys site, he refunded me tonight as i told him police are getting involved, now others are contacting me saying he does this often….bloody bottom feeders

sorry for the rant, ST2014 is the part number for yella terras, need oil through lifters and pushrods, i spoke direct to a helpful guy at yella terra, he had six sets, told me to contact a re seller, cheapest was 608 dollars, the guy i was getting the head and carbies from had a set new in its box for 300, stupid me dropped $990 on the fool all up, lucly i didnt rip the head off in readiness for the items to turn up hey.

He lives in Bendigo, had three people tell me last night they are owed money and no parts turned up, another guy correctly guessed his name, hows that for a bad reputation, also had two people confirm where he works, rang Bendigo police this morning, his goose is cooked, i will be a thorn in his side for some time, iucky i never took my head off awaiting his to arrive. And all afternoon and into the evening he blamed me, i am so peeved, i live 1500 k’s from him but i will get my revenge, best served cold

it hit the fan tonight with this guy, turns out he scammed upwards of twenty people out of tens of thousands of dollars, he handed himself into Police tonight and is making amends

Well thats good in the sense you are recouping your money. But to answer your earlier question about rocker arm interchange, to be able to swap rockers between different engines, the distance from the centerline of the where the rocker pivots from whether its a stud mount or shaft mount to the centerline of the valve has to be very close to the same. Plus they have to be the same type of attachment point ie, rocker stud and rocker stud, shaft mount to shaft mount.

i dont think i will mod my 200 six at all now, every time i buy something or find something i miss out, i did by a Mazda 3 on Wednesday, drove it home and picked up my other falcon wagon yesterday, my other wagon is a 1999 AU series one update with 4.0 efi sohc and 4 speed auto, as this car is being wrecked as its worth more money that way, the driveline will probably go into my 67 XR wagon, should be fairly simple, my friends turbo barra six is physically bigger and runs all the plumbing for the intercooler and snail etc in a XW wagon, same engine bay as mine. And i have everything on hand to do the conversion, including the LSD rear end that will need shortening but runs leaf springs.

Back