Can I, How Do I, Adapt the AutoLite 1101 to Small Log Intake

64Comet404

Good Day! I hope you're enjoying a peaceful one. Is it possible to adapt the larger bore (1 11/16") Autolite 1101 to the Small Log Intake which normally holds the smaller bore Autolite 1100 (1 7/16") Carburetor, without tearing things apart and machining and all that?

Happy Holidays!

The short answer is probably with some adapting work and making a spacer to raise the carb up enough so the throttle blade opens and clears the heads hole by as little as a 1/16 of an inch or more. But not without some grinding or machining, however with some care you might be able to do it without taking much apart if you have the correct large carb adapter plate to start with it might be all you need (To fit it may require some slotting of the holes to fit your heads studs or use some offset studs if you can find them). Or make an adapter out of aluminum or steel grind or machine to funnel shape from the large "1 11/16" size to your heads opening. Or you could with a helper using a good shop vacuum a stuff a rage into the carb hole then grind it out at top of head to clear. Good luck

Make an adapter out of aluminum (or even oak). Drill 1-7/16" hole, run a router with a steep chamfer bit around the inside. Counter sink holes for cap screws, drill/thread stud holes. Mine was machined by my brother, but a router works just fine on aluminum.

FalconAdapter.jpg

Rick(wrench)

rickwrench":3uz853le said:
Make an adapter out of aluminum (or even oak). Rick(wrench)

Wow! That's beautiful! Looks like fun stuff tool I like the tips about the "oak" and the router on aluminum. By the way, thanks also for the "how-to" on the pinchwelt... love that wagon... always wanted a hot rod wagon to cart the dogs around in... maybe someday... Happy Holidays! ~ John.

Back